RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: skrellings

  • Shankar's Auction Service
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005

      Luis,

       I wish I were twenty again I surely would start to study something like this, it is fascinating!

      Best regards

      Claus Oldag

      671 24 68, 665 2683, 760 72 80 cell

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005

        Eeeeh, this means that the Caribbeans and all the extinct Amerindians did not vanish, only the males?

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
          I would have to double-check this but I think the histories record
          that it was 14 years before the Europeans brought any European women
          with them to the new world. A lot happened during those 14 years, I
          expect.

          But to my knowledge, no other study has shown this 100% displacement
          of the native american male geneome so far. This may be an isolated
          incident. But who knows - this kind of research is in its infancy still.

          Here's another one to scratch your head about. There is also an
          anomalous occurence of Asiatic y-DNA in a few isolated neighborhoods
          of Scandanavia! Huns?

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dr789m/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr

          oups/S=1705739206:HM/EXP=1109793654/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
          > :HM/A=2593423/rand=221596544>
          >
          > _____
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > cribe>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • William M Smith
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
            I am no expert on DNA , but I thought only the female could be
            tracked at this time. It has been some time back, but I think on a
            TV history show it explained the DNA from Europe (Africa through the
            Bearing straights to the Americas), I vaguely recall they said they
            could trace one line back 4 mil. years and a split off branch at a
            very later date. Only speculation but If people left Atlantis and
            went to the 4 corners of the earth and intermarried the pre-existing
            people what effect would it have? Could the 4 tribes be from
            Atlantis and the sons of Noha?
            Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "luis_browne"

            ^

            > > > regards Moby
            > >

            > > Hosted by http://all-ez.com/epigraphy.htm
            > > Group Site : http://www.epigraphyusa.com
            > > To unsubscribe from this group, although we hope
            > > you stay and help us improve. First consider changing to daily
            > digest, or
            > > no mail - web only, visit main and edit membership :
            > > if you must leave send an email to:
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dr789m/M=298184.5639630.6699735.30011
            76/D=gr

            oups/S=1705739206:HM/EXP=1109793654/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http
            :/www.n
            > > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
            > >

            > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
            M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
            > > :HM/A=2593423/rand=221596544>
            > >
            > > _____
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            subject=Unsubs
            > > cribe>

            Service
            > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          • luis_browne
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
              I can sympathize. It's taken me 2 years to get a handle on this DNA
              thing, but I think it's wonderful now that I understand it better.

              There are multiple types of DNA that everyone has, both in their
              chromosomes, and also in cellular structures called mitochondria. The
              chromosomes determine a person's physical traits and mitochondria are
              merely responsible for energy production.

              Everyone inherits their mitochondria (and mitochondrial DNA mt-DNA)
              from their mother.

              Women also have two X chromosomes that they can inherit from either
              parent.

              However, men have one X chromosome like women, but they also have one
              Y chromosome (y-DNA) that they can only inherit from their father.

              Therefore, the Y-DNA in the Y chromosome identifies the paternal line
              as in the case of the black male descendents of Thomas Jefferson.

              In exactly the same way as new words get added to a language, as
              people moved out of Africa and then away from the Black Sea, new DNA
              branches occured too for some reason every thousand years or so. For
              example, after the American Indians arrived in the Americas a new
              branch of y-DNA occurred that is not shared by anyone (or hardly
              anyone) in the old world. So that branch uniquely identifies them.

              This is just like the first people who left Africa meeting their
              first bear and making a word for it that they pass down to their
              descendents who keep on moving. However, none of the people back in
              Africa share that new word for bear.

              The problem with the Cayce's Atlantis theory is that all of our
              genetic ancestors came originally out of Africa around 50,000BC.
              According to Cayce, Atlantis already existed at that time. If you
              take that to be true then you would have to conclude that no one
              living today could possibly be descended from Atlanteans because in
              50,000 BC the Atlanteans were in Atlantis and our ancestors were in
              Africa. And physics tells us we cannot be in two different places at
              the same time.

              This simple story is made horribly more complicated by an effect that
              I have started to call genetic attrition. But to put it simply, most
              of the people who lived back then have no living descendents today.
              It is significant and dramatic too. For sake of argment, imagine that
              9 out of 10 men living on earth in the year 1000 AD have no living
              descendent on the planet today. So todays gene pool doesn't tell you
              anything about 90% of the people who lived 1000 years ago!

              NOTE: I completely made up the above statistics to illustrate the
              point, noone really knows the demographics other than it is
              surprisingly extensive.

              Therefore, the accounts that you see often in the newspaper today are
              in error (baldface lies) when they say that because no one today has
              a certain gene that ancient man did not. The fact is it is possible
              that the last person on earth with that gene died the year before the
              first DNA tests were done! No one would know the difference. For
              example, there could have been Neanderthal descendents living 25
              years ago as far as we know. Testing everyones DNA today would not
              tell you that.

              This intentional misinterpretation and misrepresentation of DNA data
              by the press and other groups really gets under my skin. They are
              often outright lies. For example, genetic "Adam" and genetic "Eve"
              have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Adam and Eve in the Bible. In
              fact, genetic Adam was the 40th(?) grandson of genetic Eve and her
              mate.

              --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "William M Smith"
              <wmsmithrock1@y...> wrote:

              > I am no expert on DNA , but I thought only the female could be
              > tracked at this time. It has been some time back, but I think on a
              > TV history show it explained the DNA from Europe (Africa through
              the
              > Bearing straights to the Americas), I vaguely recall they said they
              > could trace one line back 4 mil. years and a split off branch at a
              > very later date. Only speculation but If people left Atlantis and
              > went to the 4 corners of the earth and intermarried the pre-
              existing
              > people what effect would it have? Could the 4 tribes be from
              > Atlantis and the sons of Noha?
            • william smith
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                luis
                Thank you for that lesson in DNA, is it then possible to trace everyone back to the creation? male and female?
                William Smith

                <wmsmithrock1@y...> wrote:

                > I am no expert on DNA , but I thought only the female could be
                > tracked at this time. It has been some time back, but I think on a
                > TV history show it explained the DNA from Europe (Africa through
                the
                > Bearing straights to the Americas), I vaguely recall they said they
                > could trace one line back 4 mil. years and a split off branch at a
                > very later date. Only speculation but If people left Atlantis and
                > went to the 4 corners of the earth and intermarried the pre-
                existing
                > people what effect would it have? Could the 4 tribes be from
                > Atlantis and the sons of Noha?

              • Joan Butcher

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 1, 2005
                    No, William, only as far as one man in Africa who lived about
                    60,000BCE and one female in Africa who lived about 150,000BCE.

                    There were probably thousands of other early humans living at those
                    times, but only those two have descendents living today. The other
                    genetic lines died off at some time or another. There was at least
                    one massive kill off in prehistoric times in addition to the great
                    plague in historic times that killed 60% of Europe.

                    Here's a good article that I just found that might help:

                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/genes/dna_detectives/adam_and_eve/index.s
                    html

                    --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, william smith

                    Service.
                  • Shankar's Auction Service
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 2, 2005

                      Well, I did much of that study, when I was young, around 35 years ago – now I am married to one of the female “survivors’ from Venezuela . Anyway, I truly find this new DNA science fascinating, isn’t it?

                      <patcobb@x> wrote:
                      >     Hy folks ;
                      >         Could  DNA findings be corrupted by inter-mating ...as
                      people eaters
                      >     just took what they wanted and slaughtered the rest ...as most
                      of this knowledge
                      >     has been made politically ..(.persona -non- grata )....the lies
                      continue to be
                      >     prober-gated ...it is a great pity that the true  DNA  findings
                      and its mixtures ...
                      >     are only  now being questioned ...but only very softly  ^!^
                      >

                      >                        regards                     Moby
                      >

                      > Subject:  Re: skrellings
                      >

                      >   American Indians have a very distinctive y-DNA signature due to a
                      >   random gene mutation that occurred after they left the old world human
                      >   population and arrived in the Americas . It appears to not be present
                      >   elsewhere in the old world. (However, I'm suspicious about the results
                      >   of one DNA study of a village in Tibet . But that I haven't verified my
                      >   interpretation of the research report with an expert yet.)
                      >
                      >   NOTE: When DNA tested began, some were shocked to find a few groups of
                      >   individuals with this characteristic American Indian signature in the
                      >   northern islands of the UK where the Norse also lived/camped.
                      >
                      >   However, I think this DNA evidence supports your claim, based on
                      >   historical evidence. Isn't that neat!?
                      >
                      >   This is another reason why I'm so fascinated by DNA
                      >   genealogy/anthropology.  And DNA doesn't lie.
                      >

                      >   --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com , "Shankar's Auction
                      >   Service" <auction@r...> wrote:
                      >   > Hi Mike, hi everybody,
                      >   > Leif Erickson brought home two red-Indian, which they called
                      >   "Skrælinge";
                      >   > they did not survive in Norway , where they were shown to the King.
                      >   > The colony was clearly initiated from Greenland and the colonists
                      >   came only
                      >   > four years later after Leif had been there.
                      >   > The colony was just too small, meaning not enough individuals and
                      >   reportedly
                      >   > only one child was born in three years! May be there was a lack of
                      >   woman or
                      >   > it was due to the effect of acclimatisation.
                      >   > The colonists reportedly came back! - The leader and initiator, his
                      >   name was
                      >   > Thorfu Karlsefin, went even back to Norway to settle down.
                      >   >
                      >   >
                      >   > Best regards
                      >   > Claus Oldag
                      >   > 671 24 68, 665 2683, 760 72 80 cell
                      >   >
                      >   >   _____
                      >   >

                      size=2 face="Courier New">

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 2, 2005

                        Hi Luis, hi everybody,

                        Luis the pockets of Asiatics in Scandinavia are believed to be related to the Nemsen ( Nemsians?), who still live directly east of the Ural mountains to the North. I had the chance to see them in 1994. Boy this is “faraway” country and living for them must be extraordinarily hard.