THOR (The Hunters Ohio Rock)

  • William M Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
      From: "William M Smith" <wmsmithrock1@...>
      Date: Tue Mar 1, 2005 2:17 am
      Subject: Distance of one sun god symbol

      All at Precolumbian-Inscriptions group
      copy of posting to my group

      Hi all
      Gaylord and I plotted the sun god symbols collected to date on a
      nautical map and the length as well as the width of one sun dial
      square is 136 miles. This was done by measuring the actual latitude
      distance for each sun dial from its location on the earth to the 26
      degree latitude (angle in the rock) and dividing each with the
      number of latitude lines getting an average for each location.
      We then re-ploted each sun dial using 136 miles for each square
      both in the latitude and longitude direction. The end result is we
      drew Atlantis (it is about 300 miles long and 150 miles wide) It
      lays in a lateral position with the east end more in a southern
      direction. We then connected the points on the outer edge of the
      island with points on the opposite sides and found the center to be
      at the 26 degree latitude and the 52 degree longitude.
      Our next step is to use a computer with (Mapsend program) to
      improve our accuracy. The more sun dials (checker board squares) we
      find and plot the more we can determine the ancient shoreline
      drawing of the island. Will Skirvin-when you get this message we
      need your help with this.
      Dont forget March 20th is coming up and we plan to show the new
      sun dial in the parking lot at the waffle house. Gaylord thinks we
      should invite the Pulse Journal. What do you think?