poleshifts

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005

         ive included some hard evidence of magnetic pole shifts that were core sampled in hawaii.  its my opinion that true north follows magnetic shifts.

      www.gps.caltech.edu/users/ jkirschvink/pdfs/HDSP1.pdf

         it will be noted further down the page in a chart, how many times in the last 50,000 years there have been pole shifts.  imho these are related to major earth changes, ice ages, mountain uplifts, etc.  all of these impact upon our study of the habitable lands in the americas, and the migrations of people.  the oceans and continents are likely to make major changes as a result of pole shift.
         as i mentioned on the other list, current theories fail to explain the reality of what happened.  one would expect the lower extent of a glacier to be circular and equidistant from the pole.  from the earlier link that i sent, it could be noted that this was not true.  the lower extent was very irregular for some reason.  s dakota was covered by ice, but s wisc was not.  these irregularities may indicate an inland sea.  what test can measure the age of coral to 200 million years?  certainly not carbon 14 dating.
         mankind went thru several global disasters in the last 50,000 years.  if we take 1 degree to equal 60 miles, just for demonstration purposes.  then a shift of 30 degrees would bring land an extent of 1800 miles away within the arctic circle - suddenly !
         this is a layman's opinion, and others may interpret it differently.

      Kind regards,
      Mike White
      http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2005

           the recent quake near indonesia is said to have changed the poles slightly.  while you were away i posted hard evidence taken from core samples on hawaii, that documents scores of poleshifts, three in the last 50,000 years.  we may differ on the causes, but they do happen, its undeniable.

        Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:30 PM
        Subject: RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: 2/05/05 Reuters news article (Rocktail Bay, S.. Aftica)

        Mike,hello hellooooo!

        No Earthquake of whatever size will change the poles, forget it! If you want to change the position of the poles you would need a body of the size of Jupiter passing close to Earth at a distance of about 5-800,000 miles in the wrong direction!

        The Earth masses are just too big.

        Please, do not forget that on a model Earth of 1 Yard diameter the highest elevation ( mount Everest) will be about 1,2 millimetre only, the entire atmosphere will be around 5 litres and the entire water will   be a around 0.4 centilitres only. The latter being the amont of whisky for a double.

        With this model in mind you will easily understand that it is not possible to change the poles just so!

        Best regards

        Claus Oldag

        SHANKAR'S AUCTION SERVICE LIMITED

        671 24 68, 665 2683, 760 72 80 cell

      • Shankar's Auction Service
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2005

          Hi Mike,

          The poleshifts were the shifts of the magnetic poles! – In my model of the Earth of being only one metre in diameter the weight would be around 1,5 metric tons and your impact would have the weight of around one gram!

          This is a relation of 1,500,000,000,000 /1!

          Tell me as an engineer how you want to change the poles with this relation!

          Do not always believe what the print or television media try to tell you, they are mostly clueless and they have to sell “news” the more spectacular the better.

          Best regards

          Claus Oldag

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2005

            hi claus, all

               this is not a simple matter that can be settled in the brief space that we can afford to give it on this list.  after a lifetime of study of the scriptures, histories, and the geological proofs, it is the conclusion that i have made.  im of the opinion that true north follows magnetic.  its the only scenario that explains adequately to me how the continents take turns on the seafloor, how tropical lands suddenly become frigid, the ice-ages and the glaciers.
               the bible says, in those days the earth tottered like a drunk, falling to not rise again, we were given a new earth, and new heavens.  in another passage the shadow on the sundial of ahaz fell back thirty degrees.  the allegory in the bible and in egypt speaks of the dragon [draco] being thrown to the earth, and the floods chasing the children of men.  the heavens rolled up like a scroll.
                each must come to their own conclusions.  existing theories and science does not explain the reality found in the stratas of the earth in various locations on the globe.  we will lose the patience of other members of this group if we continue this thread too long.  for those who wish to read my ideas on the subject, plz see :

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2005
              Hi Jamillah here......

              I was wondering were can I find these scriptures you are making reference to here. I never heard this before.

              Thank you

              Jamillah El.: Bey

              mike white <infoplz@...> wrote:

                 the bible says, in those days the earth tottered like a drunk, falling to not rise again, we were given a new earth, and new heavens.  in another passage the shadow on the sundial of ahaz fell back thirty degrees.  the allegory in the bible and in egypt speaks of the dragon [draco] being thrown to the earth, and the floods chasing the children of men.  the heavens rolled up like a scroll.

              Do you Yahoo!?

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2013

                   its odd that cayce mentioned poleshifts in 50,000 bce, 24,000 bce, and 10,000 bce, but said nothing of the disaster of 3100 bce.  i've spent most of my adult life studying his readings, and musing between the lines, looking for implications.  incidentally, doing so had many rewards.
                   the ancients from the distant past have passed down to us the knowledge that every 26,000 years, at the start of aquarius, there is flooding on a global scale.  the scant records that have survived, did not reveal the mystery that caused the flooding - a poleshift, nor did they explain that it was not just rising water, but large waves, that do the damage.
                   from 50,000 to 24,000 is 26,000 years, the natural cycle was intact.  however, the poleshift of 10,000 bce, was only a 14,000 years interval after noah.  this was caused by an accident by atlantean scientists, who mistuned their power station to make war on other nations.  we must factor this change into the time table for the next poleshift.
                   it has been the full 26,000 years since the time of noah, and had the cycle not been disturbed, the next poleshift may have happened already.  it has been delayed, but for how long remains unknown.  even the experts cannot agree when the age of aquarius will begin.
                  furthermore, there must have been a near global disaster circa 3100 bce, that the experts and the mystics, failed to comment upon.  why they remained silent truly puzzles me.  most of the advanced and emerging nations of the world were disturbed at this time, with many taking to boats, invasions, and governments overthrowed.  the old kingdom began in egypt, the indus valley culture disappeared, the jews had their first diaspora, and migrations of people relocated to other lands.  the mix of cultures arriving in yucatan started the mayan culture.
                   i will be bold and call it a minor poleshift, that happened circa 3100 bce.  it was not a naturally occurring poleshift, but was it caused by man, or by cosmic impact?  i favor the latter scenario.  i think the asteroid or comet struck the sea in the western hemisphere.  i have spoken before of the evidence for a glancing blow on the seabed of the caribbean sea, and at cape horn.  i favor the strike in central america for 3100 bce.  tribes of the orinoco retain legends that tell of the event.  advanced cultures collapsed and disappeared in central america.  the megafauna may have been swept away then, later than thought.  great tsunamis swept north over our west and midwest, carrying off hundreds of feet of soil, trees, and almost all life.  it left the canyons and barren terrain of az and ut, and left the great plains treeless.
                  for old-timers on the list, forgive me where i repeat, but i must keep saying it until our lads take it serious enough to consider it.  i don't expect to write a book in the few years that i have left, so rely upon these forums to get my ideas heard.
                   it must have scared the people of the americas to see such a huge rock plunging to earth.  the kill-off must have been terrible, over 40 million megafauna carcases were swept into alaska and siberia.  the heaps must contain the remains of men too.  few could survive such an event, no matter how clever.  much of the seacoasts of the world would have been destroyed by the huge waves.
                   such a mighty glancing blow could change the rotational speed of earth, forming a new equator, and new poles, and changing the length of the day and year.  fertile north africa and arabia became desert.  just 15-20 degrees of poleshift can rapidly turn a million square miles of fertile land into desert.  other coastal lands suddenly became seabed.  the north sea may have swallowed much of the frisian empire.  leaving the later vikings just myths of their former glory.  3100 bce may be when the calendars of the nations changed from 360 days, to 365.25 in a year.

                my opinion