uplifts

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004

         excellent post brew !!   im so glad they are developing this method.  they need to do their first test in the andes.  hopefully they can find a plant that grows at sealevel and on the altiplano, so they can compare the counts.  that will prove there was an uplift.  then they can carbon date fossil leaves to determine when it occurred.  it should work if minerals have not replaced the organic parts of the fossil leaves.
         land areas are uplifted and dropped so often in the andes that it is incredible that the geologists still cling to their gradualism theory.
         michael, uplifts may have disturbed the waterways and aquaducts, but the field research that i read attributed it to el nino rains and erosion raising the fields.

      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 4:40 PM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: sansar

      Michael, Mike, et al, just as I read these last two posts here I found
      this new article waiting on me. Its a new method of determining
      ancient land elevations titled "New Method To Measure Ancient Land
      Elevation Developed By Field Museum Scientist"

      http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/11/041129110234.htm

      Following this thread closely and enjoying it!

      Regards,

      Brew (Phil Whitley)

      http://www.lost-civilizations.net/data/inca-ruins/inca_20civilization_20and_20ruins.html