Ceramicas Lago titicaca

  • cihep@iipg-usfa.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Inéditas Cerámicas Tiwanakotas

      Cientos de objetos, supuestamente pertenecientes a Tiwanaku, abren nuevas preguntas sobre la
      cultura. Presentan detalles hasta ahora nunca vistos en Bolivia y otras connotaciones rituales.
      Bernardo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004

        hi bernardo, all

           thank you for posting these images.  i assume they are all ceramics found associated with the tiwanaku culture of bolivia.  they are very interesting, and i encourage you to continue to post any images that you find.
           i have some specific comments :
           image 1 -  note the elongated ears, similar to the lobes of ancient india, but these were a result of suspending heavy ear-spools or ornaments, since the piercing can be seen.
           please examine these closely, if you can, to determine if they have any 'potter's marks', as cabeza had.  are they in a museum in bolivia?
           image 4, and 7, seem to represent man with a tail.  such a race did exist in very ancient times, as proven by the vestige of a former tail that we humans still possess.  besides, cayce said a civilized race of men with tails lived in the sahara 10 million years ago.  its possible that this appendage did remain longer in other areas.  if its not a fanciful representation it indicates these are very ancient.
           image 8 is perhaps the most important of the lot.  it seems to have writing on it.  its very worn and faint, but under magnification and other means it may yield some readable script.
           image 9 represents a species that i cannot identify.  bernardo, do you recognize this creature as a species still found in the andes?   it may be extinct.  we may need to submit this image to an expert to determine what species is represented.
           image 10 is another creature that we need to try to identify.  the projection upon the nose should help decide the species.

           bernardo, when you first brought our attention to the great oracle bowl [fuente magna], you said there were other bowls and relics remaing where it was obtained.  can you give us an update upon this?   these are very important, and must be rescued and studied.

        Kind regards,
        Mike White
        http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm