Re: etowah mounds

  • dcampbell75479
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "Mobydoc"
      <patcobb@x> wrote:
      > Hy Mike et al ;
      > Thor Heyadhal uncovered one of these kneeling
      > figures on Easter Island some year ago ...he said at
      > the time that it was similar to some he had excavated
      > in his time in South America 1950s....remember all that
      > (brown gravey) that he had to eat with huge lashings of
      > humble pie ...back then only because he was not a
      > academic!
      >

      > regards all Pat/Moby
      > Artifacts of the Etowah Mounds
      > include
      > Marble Female and Male images, about 2 feet high, found by
      Lewis H. Larson, Jr., in his excavation of Mound C for the
      Georgia Historical Commision in the 1950s:

      Pat,do you happen to have a link for photos or drawings of the
      South American kneeling figurines?
    • Mobydoc
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
        Hi Mike and d ; re Etowah mounds :
              A lot of Thor Heyerdahls works have been deleted
         since his passing ...because (imho) he put that blow-torch
          under a lot of crystallised archaeologists  tender parts ...I will keep
         looking...the last resort might be the Congressional Library ;
          Any information you get these days on Easter-Island  is a joke ...
           I saw a old T/V interview between T/H and that E/I group ...when
          he was still alive ...and it had been edited...to make 'who' look good ...
         the guy is dead ...you get nothing in pecking his bones...you could if
         you reread his works ...archaeology will get nowhere as long as certain
          people keep on being politicaly correct  ...you see Easter Island is the
          story of (CANIBALS)...oops... thats a bad tasting word ^!^ they just eat
           or copy ... 'they' don't make ;

                                    Pat/Moby