Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] etowah mounds

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004

      hi doc, all

          these two-foot figures surprised me.  i had only seen, what appeared to be an photograph of smaller man and woman, sitting with legs crossed, and odd expressions.  iron was made and used by this culture.
         the drawing on the webpage showed the waterways fairly straight, and so well-placed, that i wonder if it was man made canals, or redirected.  i saw some indications that the mound builders had sophisticated hydraulic engineering ability, and the man power for public works.   they knew how to create a deeper channel by obstructions, and may have had a canal around falls on the ohio.

      Kind regards,
      Mike White
      http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "Mobydoc"
        <patcobb@x> wrote:
        > Hy Mike et al ;
        > Thor Heyadhal uncovered one of these kneeling
        > figures on Easter Island some year ago ...he said at
        > the time that it was similar to some he had excavated
        > in his time in South America 1950s....remember all that
        > (brown gravey) that he had to eat with huge lashings of
        > humble pie ...back then only because he was not a
        > academic!
        >

        > regards all Pat/Moby
        > Artifacts of the Etowah Mounds
        > include
        > Marble Female and Male images, about 2 feet high, found by
        Lewis H. Larson, Jr., in his excavation of Mound C for the
        Georgia Historical Commision in the 1950s:

        Pat,do you happen to have a link for photos or drawings of the
        South American kneeling figurines?
      • Mobydoc
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2004
          Hi Mike and d ; re Etowah mounds :
                A lot of Thor Heyerdahls works have been deleted
           since his passing ...because (imho) he put that blow-torch
            under a lot of crystallised archaeologists  tender parts ...I will keep
           looking...the last resort might be the Congressional Library ;
            Any information you get these days on Easter-Island  is a joke ...
             I saw a old T/V interview between T/H and that E/I group ...when
            he was still alive ...and it had been edited...to make 'who' look good ...
           the guy is dead ...you get nothing in pecking his bones...you could if
           you reread his works ...archaeology will get nowhere as long as certain
            people keep on being politicaly correct  ...you see Easter Island is the
            story of (CANIBALS)...oops... thats a bad tasting word ^!^ they just eat
             or copy ... 'they' don't make ;

                                      Pat/Moby