Nova Scotia

  • reinoud dejonge
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003

      Email: Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com

      Email: Drsrmdejonge@...

      November 30, 2003

      Hi Mike, and others,

      The megalithic discovery of America via the Bering Sea was c.2600 BC. This is confirmed by carbon dating around the pyramid construction of Caral, in the Supe River Valley of Peru (my book, pg.5-10). In Europe, the discovery of Bermuda has been indicated by glyph 9 of the big petroglyph of Dissignac, South Brittany, France. This is the first glyph of the crossing of the Atlantic from Africa to South America. So, I know that Bermuda was discovered very early after the first voyages to Central America. From my work in Europe I know that most petroglyphs about discoveries are made at the very date of the discovery, at several places simulaneously, so at about the same time. Megalithic petroglyphs are very rare in North America. I am almost sure that the two petroglyphs on Devil's Head Mountain, Harmony, Maine, about Bermuda, have been made just after the discovery of the island. The actual discovery was probably c.2400 BC or c.2300 BC. (Here, I don't want to mention all details about this guess.) Because I am not absolutely sure about this, in the book we mentioned a date of c.2200 BC. This is rather accurate!

      Mike, now about the other remarks you made. Megalithic petroglyphs, and ancient petroglyphs in general, are mostly geographic. In North America, people in ancient times often discussed their risky voyage back to the Old World. So, in these coast maps very often Newfoundland, the Azores, and also Bermuda are involved. Cape Race, Newfoundland, is the East Cape of North America. From there it is "only" 20dl= 20 degrees of lattitude (2222km) to the West Azores!

      Now a few words about the dating. On Devil's Head Mountain we experienced that the geographic petroglyphs after the birth of Christ were also dated! Coast lines and Roman numbers were mixed up! So, the dating turned out to be rather simple!

      You ask me: What is your level of confidence on these determinations for the petroglyphs? Well, my aswer is: It all depends on the specific petroglyph. I was just lucky that I was able to understand the petroglyphs of this specific site. There are several petroglyphs along the East Coast, which I don't understand at the moment. So, these are not discussed in the book, of course.

      Regards,

      Reinoud de Jonge

      P.S.

      Website: http://www.howthesungod.com

      Website: http://www.geocities.com/howthesungod

      MSN Search, for accurate results! click here
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003

           there are numerous proofs that man was active in the americas far before 2300bce.  dating the beringian walk by the date of baskets found at caral in peru, might be reaching.  there is evidence that men hunted camels in the andes as early as 21,000 bce.  many proofs that men hunted megafauna, such as mastodons and mammoths.  this could easily go back ten thousand years.  in all fairness, i have just started the book, and maybe misunderstood you.

        Regards,
        Michael White
        http://all-ez.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003

          Email: Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com

          Email: Drsrmdejonge@...

          December 1, 2003

          Mike said:

          there are numerous proofs that man was active in the americas far before 2300bce. dating the beringian walk by the date of baskets found at caral in peru, might be reaching. there is evidence that men hunted camels in the andes as early as 21,000 bce. many proofs that men hunted megafauna, such as mastodons and mammoths. this could easily go back ten thousand years. in all fairness, i have just started the book, and maybe misunderstood you.

          Regards,

          Michael White

          http://all-ez.com

          Hi Mike, and others,

          The information you give is completely right, but this was not known to the Egyptians and Megalith Builders of Europe, between c.3200 BC and c.2600 BC. It has been proven that Japanese and Chinese boats sailed along the West Coast of North America to Ecuador as early as c.3000 BC. But this was not known in Egypt and Europe either. So, the Egyptian and Megalithic discovery of America via the Bering Sea (Bering Strait and Aleutian Islands) is c.2600 BC, and the discovery of America via the Atlantic is just a little bit later, c.2500 BC. The Egyptian and Megalithic discovery of Australia is c.2700 BC, so about a century before their discovery of America. This has been confirmed by Egyptian petroglyphs with hieroglyphs, c.100 miles north of Sydney, at the east coast of Australia.

          Regards,

          Reinoud de Jonge

          P.S.

          Website: http://www.howthesungod.com

          Website: http://www.geocities.com/howthesungod

          Hotmail en Messenger on the move click here