independent discoveries?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003

      independent discoveries?

             lets discuss, if any will venture, precolumbian independent discoveries, that were separated by oceans.  after we make our list, i'll need help, we can ponder if they were spontaneous or diffusion.   pyramids are found in the americas, egypt, and china.  birchbark canoes are common in america and asia.   nicotine and cocaine residues are found in egyptian mummies.  corn is depicted in india, and seemingly referred to in egypt [in the height of the corn].  megalithic structures are similar on many continents.  the same scripts are inscribed on several continents.  bow and arrows appearred in many places.  deification of the Sun was farspread.  so was knowledge of the zodiac, and the planets.   portrayals of the swaztica [sic].  the idea of the gods, and life after death was common.  the roots and lexicon of words suggest an early contact, or common source.    peanuts had an origin in south america, but were reported in china in archaic times, as early as shang.  mexico also shared varnish/shellac knowledge with china before 1500 bce, as also the appreciation of jade.   the inca themselves are an anomaly, they being when pure, the white race.   there are lots of east indian words used in the yucatan.  others can add more ...

      Regards,
      Michael White
      http://all-ez.com