Invited to network at the ABSN

  • philippinestudies
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2003
      Everybody in the Discussion Group on American Prehistory is welcome
      to join and network the another discussion group that discusses
      topics concerning Philippine Prhistory and Austronesian Prehistory.
      Everbody here is welcome to join the group and advertise their
      discussion group too. The moderator of this groups is welcome to
      adverstise this group in the alibata group. I think we have a lot of
      related resources and research we can share with both of our
      scientific fields. We have scholars in our group who can help your
      group, and you have scholars that can help our group. Please consider
      this online invitation is a sign of friendship and hope we can do
      research together. Info about the yahoo group is pasted below. Just
      apply to this group, and I will accept the application.Simple as that.

      ABSN-
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alibata

      The Ancient Baybayin Scripts Network(ABSN) is a community of open
      forum academic exchange & discussion on the ancient writing scripts &
      writing systems of the Philippines. Get diverse perspectives on news
      and updates on the current situation of Baybayin(Alibata)scripts of
      today. Meet fellow people interested in the ancient art of writing
      Baybayin in the many languages of the Philippines. Alibata is a topic
      that can range from tattoos, Ivatan fables, Igorot legends, Hanunoo-
      Mangyan poetry, Kinaray-a essays,ambahan, computer fonts,ethnobotany,
      Surat Mangyan, Philippine ethnolinguistic groups, epigraphy, Aklanon
      anthropology, Bisayan mythology, Pangasinan folklore, Sambal
      cosmology, Agta holistic/metaphysical studies, & Ilonggo cuisine that
      bonds all peoples to the natural beauty of Philippines. Have the
      opportunity to interact with others in learning new languages with
      different syllabic, alphabetic, & logographic writing systems & see
      how it affected the evolution of baybayin scripts. Participate in our
      instructional lessons in Cebuano Literature, Kapampangan History,
      Ilokano folktales, Waray culture, Hiligaynon art, ethnosphere,
      Austronesian Studies, orthography, paleography, calligraphy,
      phonology, to Bikol text messaging. We appreciate any advertisements
      for nonprofit virtual activism & resources that promotes advocacy for
      linguistic rights, ancestral rights, cultural rights, and indigenous
      rights. Promoting research on Austronesian genetics, migrations,
      navigation, cultural survival, and human rights that affect the
      greater understanding of Philippine Studies and baybayin is always
      accepted. We encourage new methods on deciphering archaelogical
      baybayin artifacts, pottery, inscriptions, rock art, petroglyphs, and
      pictograph characters found throughout the Philippine Islands. The
      ABSN is your networking community where we begin our travel together
      into new journeys of Baybayin knowledge,& where the celebrations of
      network friendships and respect never ends.

      ABSN-
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alibata
    • michael
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2003
        thank you for the invitation and information. i will look into it
        when my time allows. please feel free to post files and links to
        your materials in the appropriate location of this group.
        it may interest you that edgar cayce, the great american psychic,
        gave information that suggests that there may have been a totally
        unknown high culture located in the luzon province, circa 10,000
        bce. just before the final break-up of atlantis some of their sages
        took civilization to the luzon, among other places. very few details
        were mentioned.
        a few months ago i was in email contact with an anthropologist who
        has worked for many years in your nation. i questioned this phd if
        he had seen any ruins or anything that would support this notion,
        since he had traveled much in the area. he said no, but indicated
        that such a dense jungle hides many things. a great discovery may be
        made in the luzon in the future.
        on our group links i have added links to the scripts of the
        philippines.

        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "philippinestudies"