Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] mark twain

  • Moby Doc
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 11, 2003

           Hi Mike ;
              Now that "is" a interesting 'titbit'
               Do you know whether he did so ?

                               Pat/Moby

         tidbit from twain's 'innocents abroad'

       . Speaking of this MSS. reminds me that I procured from the high­priest of this ancient Samaritan community, at great expense, a secret document of still higher antiquity and far more extraordinary interest, which I propose to publish as soon as I have finished translating it. "

      ---

    • robert walsh
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 11, 2003

        I hate to bust anyone's bubble here, but in the case of using stone to shape stone.  I watched a documentary about the mayan round stones that were found in the jungle and they asked an old man to try to do it, in no time at all he was shaping a large stone in to the same shape as the old stones.  In the case of the neandrthals they shaped tools using stone and could produce edges sharper than some of today's knifes  robert walsh

         rose lee <roseli99@...> wrote:

          what folly to believe the ancients created such wonders in granite and the hardest diorite, using nothing but stone hammers and copper chisels!

        " One of our most inveterate relic-hunters had his hammer with him, and tried to break a fragment off the upright Needle and could not do it; he tried the prostrate one and failed; he borrowed a heavy sledge hammer from a mason and tried again. He tried Pompey's Pillar, and this baffled him. Scattered all about the mighty monolith were sphinxes of noble countenance, carved out of Egyptian granite as

        -613-

        hard as blue steel, and whose shapely features the wear of five thousand years had failed to mark or mar. The relic-hunter battered at these persistently, and sweated profusely over his work. He might as well have attempted to deface the moon. They regarded him serenely with the stately smile they had worn so long, and which seemed to say, "Peck away, poor insect; we were not made to fear such as you; in ten-score dragging ages we have seen more of your kind than there are sands at your feet: have they left a blemish upon us?"

        mike
        ps
          i thought i had one of the oldest books in the world.  its called 'nabatean agriculture', but is really a veiled book of magic that is said to have been on noah's ark.

         . Speaking of this MSS. reminds me that I procured from the high­priest of this ancient Samaritan community, at great expense, a secret document of still higher antiquity and far more extraordinary interest, which I propose to publish as soon as I have finished translating it. "

        ---

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Moby Doc
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 11, 2003
             Hi Mike ;
                With the knowledge  of 'solid state ' today...what if we are
            yet to listen to messages hidden in those Monoliths from the
            past...has anyone bothered to put a 'Frequency' listening device
            in place that generated different frequencies ...from black to white
            ...the answers would need deciphering I know ...but I believe there
            could be something hidden there for us to find ...then who can say
           one way or another ...until somebody does same ^~^ :

             On the Clay theme ...wasn't that agreed to by DNA scientists some
            years back ...on the glue which holds the Atoms of life together *!*

                           Pat/Moby

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 11, 2003
              Hi Robert ;
                I think Mike was talking about straight edges ..like ..'Diorite'
               10 to 12 ft long ...with a variance of less than 1/8 of a inch ...
                now you must see that such a variance is a little strange ...
                but then it depends in how you see things ...some people just
               call it faith ...('Diorite'...it's pretty hard) ....or is it hope  ^~^

                                     Pat / Moby

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2003
               Great one ...old son ^~^

                    Being a  Son of BAAL ....

                                 B-oby ^!^
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 12, 2003

                hi pat, all

                   my curiosity is up to fever pitch on both manuscripts.  so far i have found nothing to suggest that clemens ever translated and published his mysterious purchase.  not sure in whose hands his papers and estate now resides.
                   it sounds as though the old manuscript archived there may be older than any known, if authentic.  it certainly should be inspected.  if the nag hammadi and dead sea scrolls caused such an uproar - imagine finding scripture that is two or three thousand years older!
                   i felt james and others might find this of interest.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 12, 2003

                       my bubble remains intact.   until the original tools are found and tested for alloy and temper, who can say with any confidence?
                       not able to answer that pat.
                       i would like to make some tests on the stone spheres of costa rica though.  to see if they have a response to a magnet.  cayce said that spirits of light talked to the people thru these stones.
                       pat, have you read that written concerning the 'dropa disks'?   they may be a recording like an lp record, combined with microscopic writing.
                       so much knowledge is lost, its difficult to say what was possible.  we cannot deny it, considering what we are able to store today on semi-conductor chips.  the power of stones is so remote and forgotten, that it is difficult in this dark age to discuss it, without outbursts from the righteous that are so firm in their disbelief.  even though scripture tells us that the earth and sea will testify and deliver up at the judgment.  jesus said the very stones would cry out 'hosanna', if the devout had not.
                       every atom of matter has living attributes, with electrons in motion, containing a blueprint in a way of the universe.
                       we are content to think the birds and fishes have a small magnet in their heads that allow them to navigate thousands of miles in their migrations.  yet how many harvard grads could do as well with so little!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 12, 2003

                      "  speak of the railway, for it is like any other railway -- I shall only say that the fuel they use for the locomotive is composed of mummies three thousand years old, purchased by the ton or by the graveyard for that purpose, and that sometimes one hears the profane engineer call out pettishly, "D -- n these plebeians, they don't burn worth a cent -- pass out a King;"

                      mike

                      ---
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 12, 2003

                           this is not the source i read from, but appears to be the most complete listing of mark twain texts online.  i find no mention of the mysterious manuscript.

                        ps
                           excellent photos of the massive ruins of baalbec :

                        ---

                      • Paul Troemner
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 14, 2003
                          Mike,
                          Yes, but where did Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain)
                          start and stop his fiction? How do you know this is
                          not another good yarn, without much basis in fact? I
                          suspect that any parchment or scroll over 5 or 600
                          years old will be so fragile it will become dust in
                          your hands if you try to unroll or unfold it. 19th
                          century knowledge of preservation methods, were crude
                          if that...

                          Paul

                          http://shopping.yahoo.com