Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] New poll for Precolumbian_Inscriptions

  • Tim Edwards
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 18, 2002
      The total is now four votes.

      I guess that settles it!

      ;-)

      Tim

      ---

      Moby Doc wrote:

          Hi Mike et al ;      Went and voted ...must be real early...   there was only two ...me and the other guy .                     Pat
      --
      *So much to learn and so little time!*

      DreamScape
      http://tedwards.topcities.com/dreamscape.htm

      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 18, 2002

        hi

           im trying to be impartial on this as host, but its admittedly difficult.  most of the people that doubt atlantis are as smart as me, so its a little hard to uderstand their reluctance.  the only explanation is that they have less confidence in their intuition, or simply that not believing, they didnt seek out all the compelling literature and mystical revelations.
           its ironic, we are in an enchanted world that nature itself can be ordered with faith and a confident will.  move mountains, walk thru fire, drink poison, snakes, walk on water, etc, are all possible to a believer, but the skeptic is a goner.
           its ok with me that some disbelieve in atlantis and lemuria.  its as true to me as columbus discovered the new world.   actually the new world discovered the old world.

        Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:50 PM
        Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] New poll for Precolumbian_Inscriptions

        The total is now four votes.

        I guess that settles it!

        ;-)

        Tim

        ---

        Moby Doc wrote:

            Hi Mike et al ;      Went and voted ...must be real early...   there was only two ...me and the other guy .                     Pat
        --
        *So much to learn and so little time!*

        DreamScape
        http://tedwards.topcities.com/dreamscape.htm

      • Pam Giese
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 18, 2002
          We're the choir, Mike...

          Better ask us if Atlantis destroyed itself by ego-driven technologies, or by outside forces, or by a carbon-based evolutionary idea...

            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 19, 2002
              Actually, all the votes (all four) were for the existence of Atlantis.

              I am currently reading Andrew Collins 'Gateway to Atlantis' and have been searching for the origin of Quetzalcoatl (the Feathered Serpent).

              Sitchin thinks Quetzalcoatl was one of the Anunnaki/Nefilim.

              Various other texts states he originated from a place called Chicomoztoc (the Seven Caves), which lies below Coluacan (the Crooked Mountain).

              But where exactly IS/WAS Chicomoztoc? Could it be yet another name for Atlantis?

              ???

              Tim

              ---

                hi    im trying to be impartial on this as host, but its admittedly difficult.  most of the people that doubt atlantis are as smart as me, so its a little hard to uderstand their reluctance.  the only explanation is that they have less confidence in their intuition, or simply that not believing, they didnt seek out all the compelling literature and mystical revelations.   its ironic, we are in an enchanted world that nature itself can be ordered with faith and a confident will.  move mountains, walk thru fire, drink poison, snakes, walk on water, etc, are all possible to a believer, but the skeptic is a goner.   its ok with me that some disbelieve in atlantis and lemuria.  its as true to me as columbus discovered the new world.   actually the new world discovered the old world. mike
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 19, 2002

                Moby Doc wrote:

                (it's under there ....west of Cuba)

                That's the obvious choice, considering recent events.. Though I don't know if we'll be 'privy' to the actual data with which to make our own determinations.

                Tim

                ---

                --
                *So much to learn and so little time!*

                DreamScape
                http://tedwards.topcities.com/dreamscape.htm

              • Moby Doc
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 19, 2002
                      Good point Mike ;
                       None of this group doubt the possibility of the excistance
                       of Atlantis  ...plus the other possible theorys of Edga Case ...
                       I myself keep on hitting on the Easter Island mysteries ...but
                      when you have academic sceptics with the power of their
                     breakfast cereal diplomas stack against you ...right and wrong
                     doesn't come into the equation ..so it's up to a lay person to
                    ask the question and deliver the answer that  few breakfast people
                    want to hear anyway; (it's under there ....west of Cuba)
                                Pat/Moby

                       Peace [or little pieces]

                • Moby Doc
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 21, 2002
                         Hi guys ;

                         Some more interesting stuff from the 'net'

                                             Pat/Moby

                             Peace [ or little pieces]

                  • sallieteames
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 22, 2002
                      Hi Tim-

                      The most likely origin of Quetzacoatl, if you trace it all the way
                      back, was Tiamat, the dragon-serpent-sea monster goddess of
                      Sumeria. She is described in early cuneiform records. And was
                      depicted in the ancient sky as Cetus, Hydra, and possibly
                      Scorpio.

                      The logo over on the Cultural Diffusion site is most likely
                      depicting Tiamat.

                      Sal

                      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@y..., Tim Edwards

                    • jdaintira@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jul 9, 2005
                        Hi,

                        I could not answer the poll as my answer was not there.

                        I think that most of them are real and that since their discovery there have been some forgeries.

                        ~ Judith Marie
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jul 9, 2005

                             the following link may seem nonsense, on a creationist site, with numerous glaring errors, but the main facts are correct, and it cites several obscure sources to study.
                             judith, on your trips to the andes, were you able to examine the ica stones?

                             a third of the 11,000 stones depicted dinosaurs, a third sex, and a third advanced medical procedures.  not the sort of scenes an artist forger would try to sell to tourists.
                             they are exactly the type of drawings that can transfer the most information in a single depiction.  like the astronauts sent out in space.  the perfect time capsule for the ages, the universal language.   i cant wait to see them up close and personal.

                          Message 12 of 28 , Jul 9, 2005
                            In a message dated 7/9/2005 4:11:57 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
                            judith, on your trips to the andes, were you able to examine the ica stones?
                            No, I have been to Ica twice, and it is a part of favorite area in Peru - the coast south of Lima.

                            The first time I was there was the day this museum was closed.

                            The second time I was focused on using my scant free time to photograph as much as I could at the Huaca China Oasis, which is next to Ica, for some research I was doing on Andean creations myths.

                            Mike, when you are there, if you have the time, visit the local cemetery on a Sunday afternoon.

                            I am assuming due to the water table, the graves are built above ground, similar to New Orleans, and in tiers, similar to a mausoleum in the US.

                            They are brightly decorated, with interesting top pieces, a reminder of the roof combs of the Maya, and on Sunday's families come and have picnics with their departed loved ones.  All kinds of things for sale from food to flowers, and children scurrying around with water for the flowers.

                            It is a wonderful way to spend some time with locals and meet the children where they feel safe.

                            Based on what I have read about the stones and the photos seen (Especially good is Kathy Dorne's Labyrinthina material), there was simply no reason for anyone recently who was not crazy and obsessed to have made all of these.

                            After the museum was opened and the Ica stones became famous, there were knock offs made, but the museum ones, including the dinosaurs,  seem legit.

                            I have purchased hand made souvenirs which are similar to the Ica stones - usually with the figures from NAZCA drawn on.

                            ~Judith Marie
                          • jdaintira@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 28 , Aug 30, 2005
                              In a message dated 8/30/2005 8:21:34 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com writes:
                              WHERE DID THE GREATER MIGRATION COME FROM TO POPULATE NORTH
                              AMERICA?
                              The question presumes that they came from somewhere else.  Perhaps it all started here.

                              For some reason I never received the posts re the previous two polls, results just released. Sorry to have missed those.  ~ JM
                              Message 14 of 28 , Aug 30, 2005

                                   i considered that many began here, so i worded it 'the greater migration', who joined the aborigines.
                                   what about the wood of uxmal judith, can you shine any light upon that from your visits?

                                Message 15 of 28 , Aug 31, 2005
                                  In a message dated 8/30/2005 11:11:28 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
                                  what about the wood of uxmal
                                  Not certain what you mean by wood of Uxmal.  Probably something else I missed.  Sorry.  ~JM
                                • Savannah Lee Eicher
                                  Message 16 of 28 , May 15, 2007
                                    I lurk in my cave and read...
                                    had too much going on in life offlist to be able to formulate reasonable
                                    thoughts on line!

                                    Savannah
                                  • thm
                                    Message 17 of 28 , May 15, 2007
                                      My situation is similar. I'm learning things here. When I was on the
                                      Sacred Landscape list it was a year before I felt the urge to post
                                      something.

                                      /bruce/

                                      Lee

                                    • jdaintira@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007
                                        In a message dated 8/23/2007 2:45:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com writes:
                                        ACCEPT THE SLIGHT, AND KEEP TRYING.
                                          o CONTINUE TO PROMOTE THEM, AS IF THEY HAD COMPLIED FAVORABLY.
                                          o REMOVE LINKS TO THEM, AND IGNORE THEM.
                                        Why assume that this was a slight?

                                        There are all kinds of reasons why there may not have been a response.

                                        If their info is of use to us, why would we remove the links to their material?

                                        I am obviously the one person who has voted so far to continue promoting.

                                        ~Judith Marie

                                      • Phil Whitley
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007
                                          I agree, Judith - maybe it wasn't a slight - just an oversight...

                                          It could even be jealousy! LOL

                                          Brew

                                          ===========

                                          --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, jdaintira@... wrote:

                                          > In a message dated 8/23/2007 2:45:53 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
                                          > Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com writes:
                                          >
                                          > ACCEPT THE SLIGHT, AND KEEP TRYING.
                                          > o CONTINUE TO PROMOTE THEM, AS IF THEY HAD COMPLIED FAVORABLY.
                                          > o REMOVE LINKS TO THEM, AND IGNORE THEM.
                                          >

                                          > Why assume that this was a slight?
                                          >
                                          > There are all kinds of reasons why there may not have been a response.
                                          >
                                          > If their info is of use to us, why would we remove the links to their
                                          > material?
                                          >
                                          > I am obviously the one person who has voted so far to continue
                                          promoting.

                                          > ~Judith Marie
                                          >

                                          > ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the
                                          all-new AOL at

                                        • Pam Giese
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007
                                            I'm a member of Midwest Epigraphic Society and a co-monitor of this list....I didn't realize there was an issue.  The MES webmaster has limited time and is rather conservative on adding links.  I doubt that any slight was intended.  I'm not sure who created the poll, but feel free to email me offline and I'll see what I can do...
                                            Pam Giese

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007

                                                 our group has been around for 7 years, and has 245 members.  some of us have put a lot of work and effort to make the group a success.
                                                 we should be aware that other groups are not so open about what may be posted.  a member that brings up atlantis, or suggests that mainstream views on the timing of the uplift of the andes may be in error - are moderated, and possibly ostracized.  such groups try to straddle the fence with academia and concensus views.  it could be our open minded inclusion of these minority opinions that prevents our acceptance.  seeking the truth should be our top priority, and let the chips fall where they may.
                                                 ive been a webmaster with pages online for over 10 years.  reciprocal links is the long established accepted internet protocol.  its the best way to increase traffic and notice of websites and groups, now that search engines require payment for links.
                                                 these groups charge substantial dues for membership, and the status of individual members is determined by degrees and wealth.  in our group all are equal, we value ideas and the contribution of thoughts, and support for the group.
                                                 i will consider the results of the poll, but if only a few respond, the ultimate decision will be mine.  with a group as large as ours, its impossible to please everybody, all of the time.  i will try to be reasonable and thoughtful on the steerage of this group.
                                                 making money, or dedicating a library or museum to house our collections is not what we are about.  we merely seek the truth on the prehistory of the americas.
                                                 its a shame that every time an issue such as this arises, members depart, or stop contributing, or form a splinter group.  its unfortunate, and will not change the founding freedoms and principles this group was built on.  we only ask that dissident members do not try to solicit other members to join them, and dont divert our resources and contacts to other forums.
                                                 by excluding our group, and including links to other yahoo groups like ours, they hope we will disappear.  thats not going to happen, very soon we will be the largest group on our topics.  the other organizations are secretive, and do not post how large is their membership.  judging by page visitor counters, it cannot be very large, and they should not act so elitist.
                                                  if they had some compelling articles, original thought, and some new material, i would be the first to link to it.  much of their information is not open to the public, and requires membership dues.  most of it is decades old stuff, readily available from other sites on the web.
                                                 some members belong to several groups, which is fine, im in 26 groups myself, but please show some loyalty to our group here, our free forum is needed.  some topics and ideas have only been discussed in our forum.

                                              Kind regards,
                                              Mike White
                                              http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

                                            • william smith
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007
                                                Hi Mike
                                                  Very well put. I have been a member of your group for some time and many in your group are also members of my small (78 members) THOR group. I had not linked your group to the THOR group because of the reasons you mentioned. When I joined your group a couple years ago I stated I would post information on your site that seemed compatable. Today I added to your link my THOR site. It is under the Ohio section.
                                                  As in the past I have made your home page available at the AAAPF conferences. Do you want this available at the upcoming conference in Wilmington, Ohio on Oct. 5TH thru &TH?
                                                best regards
                                                William

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007

                                                     thanks for your candid support william.  feel free to include us in your presentation at wilmington.
                                                     i saw reports of the flooding around mansfield ohio, and worried about your family william.
                                                     thanks for your offer pam, but nevermind.  we wouldnt want to damage their credibility.  its a bit humorous, because diffusionist groups have more in common with us than the mainstream, and will never win the recognition they seek from that corner.  as long as these petty issues separate us, we will never achieve enough numbers to gain any notice.
                                                     if someday a scientist takes note of some of our ideas, and includes us in the credits when proofs are found, these other groups will clamor over each other to befriend us.

                                                  mike
                                                  pi host

                                                  mike white <infoplz@verizon. net> wrote:

[...]

                                                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                                • william smith

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Aug 23, 2007

                                                         sounds like a fun conference.  spruce hill is particularly interesting to me.  ive not seen it, but read of digs there, in conjunction with metalurgy.  as i recall there was evidence of a town nearby with stone houses.  sign of furnaces may be found.  if you get there, plz take some photos to share.
                                                         during my next trip to ohio i hope to examine the hill forts, and spend more time at marrietta.  maybe look around old portsmouth for signs of the change of course there of the river in ancient times.
                                                         btw, those tall hills north of the ohio river, are the terminal morraines of the glaciers.  they could contain diamonds.  william, i know you own property atop one of them.  rather than trying to dig deep enough, it may be easier to dig around near the base, or along a river bank.  canada found a profitable diamond mine by retracing the movement of the glacier.  im puzzled why a glacier would travel northeast to southwest.  based on the orientation of ancient structures ne had been north, and sw had been south during a period of high culture in the americas.  the moundbuilders located monuments along that line.  i bet that era was before 3000 bce.

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Aug 24, 2007
                                                        Thanks Mike
                                                          Larry Henry of (naturalist@...) is on the speakers list. He is part of the group that has raised funds and purchased Spruce Hill site in order to save it from developers. Artifacts have been found at the site that shows ancient furnace works. A Mr. Conner has completed some work at the site relating to metal working.
                                                        william

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Aug 25, 2007

                                                          hi al, all

                                                             as far as i know, all members may vote if they wish, it does require a login to yahoo.  this was an old issue that needed the air cleared on.  i dont really care if they respect us or not, and they dont have enough traffic to matter about the link.  they had more to gain than us.  if we were running a popularity contest, we would parrot the concensus dogma.  as truth seekers we go where the facts point, even if its a minority view.  personally, i dont like to associate with closed-minded people, who are fast to disrespect those who disagree with them, especially if its on a few issues.
                                                             lets not dwell on this old business.  i hope members will see how unimportant it is, and lets get on with business as usual, the prehistory of the americas, the true old world.  if we all accepted the textbook views, there would be no need for such groups as ours.
                                                             my long career reached several highpoints of accomplishments, but looking back on my life, i think my greatest contributions to human knowledge, were made here, in this group, even though few appreciate them so far.  i dont blame disbelievers, for all the experts have taught otherwise.  rather than trust yahoo to preserve the thoughts, i suppose that i should make an effort to publish the important things, to get them on the record for posterity.  if the thoughts are wrong, they can join the legion of other silly books.
                                                             i hope all members will take our work seriously, be loyal, and try to contribute to make our efforts a success.  as i age, i will need to select another moderator for the group.  we are growing at a nice rate.  we need to continue to promote the group, by sheer number we can make a difference, and become numero uno.  we have a global following, even though many are quiet and passive.
                                                             we dont have enough linguists, and experts in ancient languages and scripts, but neither do most of the groups, we do the best that we can.  our index to languages and scripts is one of the most complete around, see links.