Re: Ancient, Giant Images Found Carved Into Peru Desert

  • awendawn
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2002
      ---As of last night National geographic had not posted the new images
      but that is not surprising considering the source!!!. Awen In
      Precolumbian_Inscriptions@y..., mike white <infoplz@c...>
      wrote:

      > hi friends
      >
      > crazy passionate purple bg! its quite a coincidence that these
      large geoglyphs and earthworks, that require they be seen from the air
      to appreciate them, are found in peru/chile, and ohio - both places
      cayce said were given the high sciences, including flight, by the
      great atlantean teacher named Alta. i will go on the record and
      predict similar large figures may yet be found in the luzon in the
      philipines.

      > regards

      only to make the
      > knowledge more credible ...Just like those statues on Easter
      Island ...yet

      --------
      Carved Into Peru Desert

      > Ancient, Giant Images
      > Found Carved Into Peru
      > Desert
      >
      > Gonzalo Castillero
      > Efe
      > October 8, 2002
      >
      > Human and animal likenesses, a knife, and a
      > sundial are among the "geoglyphs," or giant
      > figures etched into the earth and discernible
      from
      > the sky, most recently discovered in the
      Peruvian
      > desert.
      >
      > Peruvian archaeologist Johny Islas and German
      > colleague Markus Reindel have identified new
      > etchings made by the ancient Nasca people in the
      > desert valleys of Palpa, about 460 kilometers
      (290
      > miles) south of Lima.
      >
      > After five years of work, the scientists were
      able to
      > identify more than 1,000 new geoglyphs.
      >

      > An
      aerial view of this

      previously-identified Nazca
      > geoglyph
      depicts tail feathers of
      > a bird or a
      representation of a

      god.

      > The Nasca, whose culture flourished from around
      200
      > B.C. to the middle of the seventh century A.D.,
      made
      > many of their etchings near the city of Nazca.
      >
      > But the glyphs identified by the two
      archaeologists in
      > Palpa, 40 kilometers (25 miles) north of the
      city,
      > predate the geoglyphs previously discovered and
      > appear to mark the beginning of that
      civilization.

      > Thanks to aerial photographs, the researchers
      were
      > able to identify 650 archaeological sites as
      well as
      > thousands of geoglyphs, petroglyphs, and
      cemeteries
      > left by the Nasca people.
      >
      > Islas and Reindel also found planks with
      etchings
      > similar to the enormous drawings previously
      > discovered in the desert sands.
      >
      > "The technique is simple," Islas said. "The
      straight
      > lines are traced with stakes attached with a
      string.
      > The difficult part is translating the figures to
      the large
      > scale while maintaining the correct
      proportions." The
      > Nasca people created more than 1,000 figures of
      > varying sizes, from a sundial 150 meters (500
      feet)
      > long to whales, foxes, and pelicans of 40 meters
      (130
      > feet) in length. They also etched human figures,
      > apparently representing a family, each measuring
      30
      > meters (100 feet) long.
      >
      > The Nasca created these immense figures in an
      effort
      > to differentiate themselves from their
      predecessors,
      > the Paracas, whose art was on a much smaller
      scale.

      > The geoglyphs in the Palpa valley provide
      evidence
      > that a new culture emerged in the region near
      the
      > start of the Christian era, bringing with it new
      > methods of building settlements and a new
      ideology.

      > The etchings in the desert make up a sacred
      > landscape honoring water and fertility.
      >
      > The cultural changes evident from the geoglyphs
      have
      > also been noted by scientists studying the more
      than
      > 600 archaeological sites in the region.
      >
      > "We searched some tombs and in each we found
      > funeral shrouds, vessels, shells, and necklaces
      made of
      > semi-precious stones, but more importantly we
      found
      > gold objects" similar to the giant whale figures
      etched
      > in the desert, Islas said.
      >
      > "The valleys of the south are not like those in
      the
      > north. The south was a very dry region, almost
      an
      > oasis. They only had water in the summer, and
      the
      > accumulation of wealth was difficult," he
      explained.

      > "But the Nasca managed to organize a society and
      > take advantage of resources from the ocean and
      the
      > mountains. They were truly an advanced society,"
      he
      > added.
      >
      > The tombs, located in two sites that were large
      > administrative centers during the first four
      centuries
      > of the Christian era, have revealed important
      > information about the environment, lifestyle,
      and
      > religion of the Nasca.
      >
      > Each tomb is composed of several rectangular
      > chambers with a labyrinthine structure of walls
      and
      > passageways dedicated to the cult of the dead,
      where
      > people left offerings and prepared food to
      sustain the
      > deceased in the afterlife.
      >
      > The buildings were adapted to the topography of
      the
      > region, creating a large complex of terraces.
      >

      > Hosted by http://all-ez.com/epigraphy.htm
      > Group Site : http://www.epigraphyusa.com
      > To unsubscribe from this group, although we hope
      > you stay and help us improve. First consider changing to daily
      digest, or no mail - web only, visit main and edit membership :
      > if you must leave send an email to:

      Service.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2002

        hi awen, all

            you are quite right, i should have included bolivia in the equation.   i think the entire area was enclosed by that much earlier nation who viewed these figures from aircraft.  i would venture to date these people from 12,000bce to 5,000bce.  i wouldnt say any earlier than that until we find some evidence that the outlines were laid before the antiplano uplift occurred.  thats why its important for them to determine if the lines in the salt flats were made before the salt settled or after.
           by todays standards this seems long ago, but is nothing compared to the figures near blythe california.   there are few clues to who laid those gigantic figures.  cayce said, if i recall correctly, they were designed by people over 120,000 years ago.  my own impression is that the main figure represents heracles, with only a faint outline of his club and draped skin still visible.   the early date for his depiction, and its location on our west coast is very puzzling.   they may be connected with the nation now lying on the seabed off our west coast, that so little is known of today.
            i will try to find images of the shoto clay figurines.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2002
          ---I love Veleskosky :-) Awen In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@y...,
          "Moby Doc" <patcobb@x> wrote:
          > Hi Mike and Awen and all the rest of the searchers ;
          > What a Smorgasbord of 'finds' and 'knowledge' this group is
          turning into ;
          > (love it - love it - love it ) ...Your theory on the 'Up-lift'
          matches my own
          > findings ....Where the 'Original's stone workers came from...we
          can only
          > guess....Have got a pre-Egyptian Star-map and some Star from the
          > Hubble Scope which I think ties up with the 'Antiplano-uplift'
          time wise
          > On the subject of who or what we are ...I have a personal viewed
          of that also :)
          > The printed findings of [ Hans Schindler Bellamy ] and the works
          of [Dr I
          > Veleskosky] point us in this direction ...to use our minds
          without fear of abuse
          > ...verbal ...or physical ;
          >
          > All those little Peaces :) Pat/Moby

          > From: mike white
          > Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: Ancient, Giant Images
          Found Carved Into Peru Desert

          > hi awen, all
          >
          > you are quite right, i should have included bolivia in the
          equation. i think the entire area was enclosed by that much earlier
          nation who viewed these figures from aircraft. i would venture to
          date these people from 12,000bce to 5,000bce. i wouldnt say any
          earlier than that until we find some evidence that the outlines were
          laid before the antiplano uplift occurred. thats why its important
          for them to determine if the lines in the salt flats were made before
          the salt settled or after.
          > by todays standards this seems long ago, but is nothing
          compared to the figures near blythe california. there are few clues
          to who laid those gigantic figures. cayce said, if i recall
          correctly, they were designed by people over 120,000 years ago. my
          own impression is that the main figure represents heracles, with only
          a faint outline of his club and draped skin still visible. the early
          date for his depiction, and its location on our west coast is very
          puzzling. they may be connected with the nation now lying on the
          seabed off our west coast, that so little is known of today.
          > i will try to find images of the shoto clay figurines.
          >

          > regards

        • Moby Doc
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2002
               Hi Awen D  and Mike ;
                 You mind set is correct again ...we all have to rethink the so-called
               Historical dates and Carbon... at times can be a little ironic  ..
               could it be that like DNA... it needs far more study than they give it ..
                then I could be wrong :)
                But the chace is only half the fun ...don't you think :)

                           Pat/Moby

            From: awendawn

            --------