Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] welcome new members

  • Pam Giese
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 4, 2002
      Great news Mike!

      the other newsgroup never accepted me or my email address so, like others, I've just been drifting, waiting for your return....

    • michael
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 20, 2003
        welcome to the new members. plz relax and join in our casual
        group. post links, thoughts, or questions. lets get a discussion
        going. im back from china, but busy attending to many details that
        need my attention. i will review a book soon as i can.

        host
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 2, 2003

             for the sake of the new members, i will bring up some thoughts that were posted in the past.  first, its unlikelt that there was a single beringian walk across the aleutian chain.  i cite john muir in his book, 'voyage of the corwin', wherein he states that native craft have made the crossing back and forth every year since time immemorial.  there never was a barrier that prevented crossing.  there is no reason to think that the clovis people crossed into america via that route.  more points were found in the east.  there is no evidence to suggest that america was ever without a human population.
             im familiar with the hieroglyphics that you mention in australia.  unlike some, i think they are genuine.  i wish them luck trying to protect the site.  its incredible that no archaeologists have sought for the royal tomb referred to in the inscription.
             it recently came to my mind that fired pottery may well contain microscopic carbon particles that could be dated.  many paints used in early times contained organic and mineral products.  it should be possible for a lab to date the organic elements of the compound.   its high time that accepted dates were challenged using new methods.
             i hope the new members will join in our informal discussion.  be sure to view our files and links sections.
             bernardo has rescheduled his excavations at tiwanaku, and we hope to be hearing more details later.  his photos of artifacts his team have found, and those photographed in bolivian museums, are extremely interesting to the group.

          Kind regards,
          Mike White
          http://all-ez.com/epigraphy.htm

          Message 4 of 14 , May 5, 2005

               welcome to the new members.  plz review the guidelines for the group and posting.  there are several ongoing discussions, a book review, and opportunity for any to start a new thread.
               randall, im pleased that you like the review, and conjecture posted.  every post should be considered copyrighted.  the poster reserves the right to publish his or her original thoughts at a later time.

            -The posting of messages and links by members does not mean that all members endorse the view presented. -Posting of images grants permission to copy and use for study, research, and publication, with credits given. Contents of posts are to be considered copyrighted.

               members or the public must seek the permission of the poster to use any contents of posts.
               those who post images grant permission for reasonable publication with credits, so that members would not invest much research time and effort into a relic, and then be denied use of the image, for publication.

            Kind regards,
            Mike White
            http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

            Message 5 of 14 , May 6, 2005
              I understand copyright very well.  I didn't mean to imply that I'd be using your (or anyone's) material without permission.  As a writer, I would never do such a thing.  Rather, I intend to do my own research based on thoughts you've stimulated and then credit you in my fictional novel as one of many people who gave me such food for thought.

              I'm glad I found this group.  Very stimulating discussion!

              Randall

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 5, 2005

                   plz welcome the four new members this week.  each has something to contribute, so feel free to post.  i sent out some invitations to archaeologists and other experts, but not sure if they are among the new members.
                   scan the archives for a better idea of the range of discussion thus far, and for a thread that interests you.
                   current topics, particularly mine, have wandered further afield than normal.
                   its impossible to make progress in epigraphy, and history, without expanding out from scripts and languages, to have a background study in world religions, be up on geology and disasters, to be able to discern the likely place of origin, and period.  a study of the classics helps a great deal.  however, there are times that we need to hear from the experts and academics, on the questions that arise within the field of their expertise.  sure, we may disagree, but a calm discussion without debate, might benefit all.
                   the practice of arriving at a concensus of opinion among professionals has some shortcomings.  it tends to stamp out independent thinking, and discourages one from challenging accepted notions.  it becomes slow to change, and feels it necessary to ostracize and destroy any who suggest that certain conceptions may be in error.
                   as if we must choose between evolution or creationism.  both of these are tired old theories, that some cannot accept in their entirety.  both are part right, part wrong.  lets look at the full literature, and the full record of nature, and discuss freely the possibilities and likelihood.
                   some entire sciences are based on fallacies.  like the earth retains heat in its core from the creation 6 billion years ago.  there are hundreds of such examples that have muddled science and history.  its time that other voices be heard, and break thru the glass ceiling of credentials and peer review.  i think a fool with a rich family could obtain the highest degrees.  should we always accept theories based on the strength of credentials?  in peer review, the weight of credibility again relates to degrees, wealth, position, and power.  i dont think that God uses these criteria in determining who receives certain talents.
                   professionals should police themselves.  when a member makes a nasty personal attack on another who has suggested a different possibility, or proposed a new theory - that member should be sanctioned, or reprimanded.  the sciences and professional concensus should be free to grow and change when better ideas are brought forth.  they should be ashamed that they all tend to agree on everything.  what does that do to creativity and original thought?  i wish the true scientists would speak out against obvious fallacies that are being perpetuated unchallenged.

                Kind regards,
                Mike White
                http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

              • Phil Whitley
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 5, 2005
                  Well said, Mike.

                  I add my welcome to the new members and hope there are some edge-walkers among them (That has become our twerm for those of science who aren't afraid to "think outside the box" along with us. We need them also to keep us within reality frequently! (I'm still trying to learn the difference between theory and hypothesis)

                  Brew, "the Sitchinite"

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 5, 2005

                       when one seeks funding, a theory becomes an hypothesis, i think.   lol

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 21, 2008

                         we welcome the new members.
                         our group has been the most active on our topics for years.  we are now the largest and most popular group on epigraphy and alternative ancient prehistory.
                         thanks to everybody for your participation, posts, and support!

                      host