Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] review : wilkins

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002

      review : wilkins on the amazons

         btw, the proofs of encountering these female warriors is fairly strong.  in 1541 orellana fought them near the confluence of the rio trombetas.   they migrated later to the hinterland of the guiana orinoco, along the river of caroli they were located in 1595 by raleigh.   these moon worshippers may well have came to south america after being beaten by heracles and theseus.   they had a goddess called heqt, the frog goddess of old egypt.  [reminds me of the strange figure on fuente magna]   they loved green gemstones so im surprised they werent in columbia.
         btw, its possible that early andeans had lighter-than-air craft, not unlike that used at spiro, if my guess is right.   possibly propelled gas lifted would explain docking at the two places ive seen in the andes that looked like a launch on an aircraft carrier.   im sure others have explanations they prefer.
          i wrote mike xu but have gotten no answer.   anyone catch the excellent graham hancock special on dsc cable, 'footprints of lost knowledge'?   i joined his list and dropped him a note.
          i will be glad when this group becomes more active.  we have over 50 members.  how many is required to get a dialogue going?   ive offerred some compelling posts with no response.   maybe a few new members will turn things around.

      kr
      mike

    • L J
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002

        Mike,

        I'm sorry not to have responded to the last few posts.  I have a suspiciion that many people like myself have ideas about diffusion and who the gods really were, and may feel reluctant to voice them.  I haven't posted to the GHMB in months.  I'm just working tons of overtime, and have less time to enter the fray.

        Graham Hancock's "Heaven's Mirror" was on the Learning Channel last night; did you catch it?  I've seen it probably 20 times, have it on tape, never get tired of it.  He and Robert Bauval are conducting a tour of their favorites sites in Egypt very soon; I think the tour has been called "Stars and Signs".  Many of the message board members are going.  Graham's new book Underworld will be on sale in April, and he has already finished a TV special related to the book, about underwater ruins around the world.  Lots of food for thought on the way!

        I think the ancients did have some way of entering the skies and looking down on those Nazca lines.  Some researcher had balloons made out of materials the ancients would have used, and they did fly; I think this was done in the 80's or 90's.

        Lyd

          mike white <infoplz@...> wrote:

[...]

        Do You Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002

          hi kevin, all

              no, this is wilkins book, 'secret cities of old south america'  1952
              you will enjoy it, he spends almost a chapter on the amazons.  i was a skeptic before, but admit the evidence is pretty convincing.
              thanx for the responses from you and lyd.   this forum has just passed its first anniversary, and is doing great, its the fastest growing group on its subject.   its not been easy, keeping the forum open and uncensored.   from recent posts on other groups, its clear that much resentment remains.  many remain members in name only, while supporting other groups.  we are not an academic journal wannabe, tiptoeing around controversial subjects.  we will continue opposing limiting the scope of our enquiry, and restricting the freedom of members to express themselves.
              my special thanx to all of our supporters and contributors.

          regards
          sparky