Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: cincinatti tablet

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001

         compare the sandstone box enclosing the decalogue, to the cincy tablet.  the decalogue had not been found when this book was researched in 1847, it was found in 1860

      kr

      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 1:29 AM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: cincinatti tablet

      hi friends

          this attached is a copy from Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley by squires and davis.  this tablet, more like a stone box imho, is similar to that housing the decalogue of which we are familiar.  it could relate to the same hebrew people and period.   it was found deep in a mound in cincinatti in 1841.
         as a service i will scan interesting woodcuts and drawings for the study by the group.
         the early years of the smithsonian are well covered by this volume, as well as criteria for submission for publication there.  i will add that much insight into this institution's manipulation of facts is also presented, explaining much that has been attributed to them since, eg the 1909 grand canyon coverup, etc.   from the beginning the smithsonian was intimately connected with politicians, after being founded via the will of an englishman.  its officers being the prez, vp, and committees of senators and congressmen.   also offers a behind the scenes look at society in the usa 150 years ago.   squire managed to receive much of the credit for the joint work, but was destroyed by a woman, spending his remaining years in a lunatic asylum.
         this is a wonderful addition to my library, and is highly recommended.

      Group Site : http://www.epigraphy.f2s.com

    • Paul Troemner
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        Mike,
        Compare it with the Adena sandstone engraving of a
        split image bird of prey, also found in Ohio; and the
        Hopewell copper twin-frog.

        Paul

        --- mike white <infoplz@...> wrote:

        > compare the sandstone box enclosing the
        > decalogue, to the cincy tablet. the decalogue had
        > not been found when this book was researched in
        > 1847, it was found in 1860
        >
        > http://www.econ.ohio-state.edu/jhm/arch/decalog.html
        >

        > kr

        Find a job, post your resume.