dna conclusions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013

      hi seppo, all

         the language for the group is english.  a post cannot be approved, if most of the content is in a different language.  we value your opinion.
         please do not misquote another member.  dna evidence has its place in crime detection, etc., where we determine the odds that a specific man did the crime.  i have less confidence, when complex conclusions are claimed, based on a small sampling of dna.  the accuracy depends so much on the interpretation of the results, and some crazy conclusions often are given.  when the reports reach too far, i must find relics or cultural ties as well.
         for generations, our lads claimed that our native american tribes originated in asia, based solely on their having red skin and mongoloid features.  it never occurred to them that the mongols may have originated in the americas.  dna studies could easily make the same mistake.
         tiwanaku is the aymara word for the city.  the root word 'anaku', was given as the assyrian word for tin.  there are relics and inscriptions found in the andes to show that the phoenicians had been there.  they were under assyrian domination in different eras.  the city-god of tyre was heracles, who as a baby was depicted on fuente magna.