Fw: [Ancient-Mysteries] former sea encroachments

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013

      Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:05 AM
      Subject: Re: [Ancient-Mysteries] former sea encroachments

         this website is well done, my compliments to the creator.  check out the former shoreline benches exposed on antelope island in the great salt lake.  the multitude of shorelines is expected as the waters receded, but the shifts in the water level were not parallel, there was tilting during uplifts.  great photos and slideshows.  the same tilting is noted on the benches above titicaca in peru, another uplifted salt lake.
         also follow links, like the one to the basalt of the snake and columbia river.  note the crystalline hexagonal columns that the basalt formed.  some images look as though the fine basalt crystals formed in shallow water, while the above extensions of the column, less perfect, formed in the air.  it suggests that the flood came in during the eruption.  there is also pillow lava in the area, where basalt flows erupted under water.  much lava erupted from vents, more like slots than cones.  i wonder if water erupted from these vents as well as lava.  its not unknown, volcanoes in the andes have erupted water, and strange fish.  experts were stumped finding the source of some of these floods in the great basin.  many mysteries await fieldwork, that could yield important discoveries.
         check out the 'petrified watermelons', the massive erosion of the snake river, and the size of the basalt bolders washed into fields by the floods.  oddly, some of these basalt bolders have a heavy dark patina, and are pitted, like the mammoth bones spoke of before.  if connected, this would put them in place during the cosmic impact event dated 30,000 bce.   there may have been more than one eruption of basalt in that area.
         i dont see the traces of salt in the snake river floodplain, so think its a separate event from lake bonneville.

      Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:40 AM

      plz forgive the ps

         it seems that the experts think that this vast amount of salt, is the residue of fresh water evaporation.  they have ancient lake bonneville [30,000 bce], having broken thru its dam at red rock pass id, running off, and leaving this salt deposit.
         im not a geologist, but wouldnt a fresh water lake, evaporating for ages, with no outlet, leave its salts in one central basin.  in reality, we find huge deposits of salt, over up to 100,000 sq miles.  30,000 years was not near enough time for this process to produce this much salt.  will our lads claim that the lake existed for millions of years, before it could cut a channel thru limestone?  our levies on big muddy break quite often.
         they have found the former shore of the last of these ancient lakes or seas.  they were forced to date that time to 30,000 bce, because the former shores had campsites and relics of man.  its uncertain if a study has been done to determine if the residue or deposits along that shoreline, and relics, was indicative of the sea or a lake.  what kind of fish bones were found, were the shells from fresh or marine species?
         a fresh water lake of this size, would have made that region fertile and lush, as it receded, with much buildup of rich soil.  the evaporation would have yielded much rain, further adding to the bounty.
         instead, we are left with a desert, where few plants are able to grow.  bad thin soil.  this is more what would be expected if land was recently reclaimed from the sea, cactus and sage brush struggle.  overall, the southwest usa is a badly damaged terrain, with rock faces and arches, carved by floodwaters, and much soil carried away.  its not difficult to believe that is may have suffered several events or disasters.
         i think they reference, 11,500 bce, of when they say the dam broke at red rock pass id.  they have the water run-off going northwest, by the rivers to the pacific.  i read some of that research, and think that may have been fresh water, not bonneville.  the latter left a track, with salt deposits in every basin, down to the sea of cortez, and the gulf.
         with several possible events, it becomes harder to know the causes and effects of each, and to connect the clues, with the proper event.
         cayce would have us believe that man has lived on or near the colorado plateau for millions of years.  it was likely occupied on and off, after each disaster.  there could have been hundreds of civilizations, rise and fall, in that region.  the disasters have swept away almost all evidence of these former cultures, merely leaving artwork in caves, and upon cliff faces.
         surprisingly, cayce said that this region remains one of the best places to look for lost civilizations.  this lent credibility to the possibility that asian ruins may have been found in the grand canyon.  several high cultures in different eras of the southwest were referred to in the readings, some with an asian origin.  it would be interesting to explore along the former shorelines, for houses and cities.  for beauty,  the fish, and water, such places were always sought by man.  much easier transport by boat, than climbing mountains.
         there may be a faultline thru nevada.  they often have small to moderate quakes there.  maybe these epicenters are more dangerous than they seem, especially, if they could trigger elevator plate movement.  cayce said that in our times, the southwest 'will be inundated by quakes'.  this says that floods will be caused by quakes!  so maybe there were former disasters, caused by quakes, floods, and tsunamis.

      Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:44 AM
      Subject: [Ancient-Mysteries] former sea encroachments

         unsure why the geologists have came to their conclusions in our southwestern usa.  looking at the terrain with sat google earth imagery, one can see the basin of the former sea.  it had covered most of nevada, half of utah and arizona, and part of s ca.  the salt lakes and flats, and the long reach of salt found in every basin - tells the tale.  the sea had reached to about present 5500 feet.  the sea had entry at the sea of cortez, and/or across mexico to the gulf.
         all of the rock shows signs of wave erosion, not rain or wind.  much soil carried away, hundreds of feet in parts, points to high powerful waves.  one expert reported that the grand canyon has signs of being mostly carved by wave action, from both directions!  as if, more than one event was involved.
         i admit, its hard to believe.  theory and dogma, must give way to that seen with the naked eye, and common sense.  the sea or the land, had a different elevation, for a while.  logic points to this section or plate, having went up and down, at various times in the past.  north and south america, being solidly connected, exert forces upon each other.  being along a subduction zone makes elevator plate movements more common, violent, and sudden.  maybe the same event that recently uplifted parts of the andes, also uplifted our southwest.  we have cuzco, titicaca, and tiwanaku of the andes, suggesting a major recent uplift of those mountains.  many high altitude salt lakes in the andes too.
         both regions show evidence of having arisen after the appearance of cultured man.  our lads need to address this point!  they may want to revise their many mya dating.  the southwest has not recovered much from the uplift.  its much like one might expect from a land that was seabed a few thousand years ago.  see nivens' digs in the valley of mexico, where cultured cities were twice destroyed by floods.  the salt flats have little to no deposit, from the space dust that constantly falls to earth.  the last event could not have been mya.
         this information is crucial and of the utmost importance to millions of people, yet remains undiscussed, and uninvestigated, by those concerned, and those who have that responsibility.
         the cosmic impacts to the south, that have been discussed, may not be responsible, for the multiple events that are noted.  i suppose the same locale could be struck by meteorites in different eras.  we likely have to factor in different causes for these events.  both, elevator plate movements, and impact tsunamis.  no doubt these regions hosted man off and on thru the ages, even though most traces of former cultures have been washed away.   a portion of nm must be included in the plate.  this plate is near its highest level now, so the next event, may cause it to drop.  phoenix and las vegas could disappear below the sea.  the land falling a mile suddenly, would be frightening.  on both continents, we find valleys between ranges uplifted, as if magma was forced in below.  the same forces that cause eruptions, can cause plate uplift, or valleys to rise.  the region involved in our southwest is near 100,000 square miles!   a tipping of the basin, that spilled the seawater out, could cause the plate to uplift, or rebound.  like the retreat of a glacier.  a tipping of the former level has been noted at titicaca.  the grand canyon, like the canyon at la paz, may have been the drains of former inland seas, after the land tilted.
         at least, this sounds more plausible to me, than the mainstream academic conclusions.