Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] ica stone curator

  • Vincent Barrows
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012
      Mike
      Thanks for sharing the detail on your trip and photo of the warehouse with dr Cabrera.

      Schuster also described use of continuous lines in other tribal art and discussed the ancestrial symbolism. He showed each line as heritage, each point where the lines cross as a generation, and then showed the entire figure as a clan symbol. Where they part of an ancestral shrine?

      Did The Ica stones catalog include tablets? Did these relics appear to have similar manufacturing styles?

      ------------------------------

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2012

           i refer you to the book written by dr cabrera, 'messages of the ica stones', or something like that.  excerpts are available online.
           i didnt see any tablets or writing on the stones.  certan protocols were followed in their creation, but i think there were generations of authors.  dozens of topics or themes were depicted.  there were series dedicated to a common theme, each adding more detail.  generally, the theme was began on a small stone, with the size increasing, as greater detail was given.
           there were some carved wooden relics, similar to totem poles, at the museum.  one was depicted in my photo.  note that the human head at the top was bearded.
           unfortunately, it is impossible to capture the full message of a stone with a photo.  artists are needed to project the 3d message on to a flat drawing.
           for most of us, the first impression, would be that they are simplistic drawings, and meaningless.  however, when examined by an expert in the field shown, more important info can be gleaned.
           those concerning organ transplant, begin by showing stem cells from a new birth being used to prevent rejection.  we only discovered that in recent times.
           its good that sr cabrera has began to add screens or wire mesh to his shelves, to prevent a quake from causing the stones to fall to the floor and smash.

        Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:03 AM
        Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] ica stone curator