nasca culture

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012

         max uhle was first to conduct scientific excavation of the nazca culture, circa 1905.  not sure how much was learned, it seems he mostly was a pot hunter for the hearst museum.  many were bought from grave robbers.  he and blavatsky were often at odds over various issues.
         our lads are confused about the length of inca chronology, yet use it to date other cultures, compounding the errors.  they date proto nazca to 100 bce!  they ignored evidence of a major climate change from jungle to desert, as well as significant changes to human anatomy, since the time the nazca culture flourished.  they attempted to date the culture thru changes in pottery.  the digs were glorified pot hunts, and they probably were looking only for museum pieces, either pottery or textiles.  no need to carbon date wool, etc, they fully accepted the bad dating.  it seems this pre-inca culture already had maize, long before it arrived in mexico.  so many opportunities were missed, future sages will mock our generation.  one brief mention of a former intrusion by the sea.  again, our lads assumed the elongated skulls were artificially deformed by cradle boards.  trepanated skulls were also found.
         phylos reported the atacama was already desert by 11,500 bce.  its cultures were so old, that the atlanteans had no record of them.
         the ocucaje hacienda hotel was destroyed by the quake of 2007.  i emailed them today to see if it has reopened.  their estate includes many ruins and deposits of ica stones.  it would be interesting to look at their collection of relics, maybe be shown around.

        " Hrdlicka was among

      the first to describe such important Acarí Valley sites as Chaviña

      and Tambo Viejo. He also contributed valuable information on Nasca

      practices of skull deformation and trephination "