recent tayos cave metal library claim

  • erichard
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2012
    • dcampbell75479
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 13, 2012
        According to one of our members, Stan Gritz, who lives in Ecuador and has researched this Tayos Cave Metal Library for 25 years, the answer is no. You may search the message archives and find his original posts but here is a brief recap:

        Petronilo Jaramillo created the original story of the Tayos Metal Library as a work of fiction. He dictated and his wife wrote it down.

        Sometime in the 1960's Juan Moricz made a statement that the story was true. Erich Von Daniken became aware of the story and wrote it up in "Gold of the Gods" as fact. Moricz became extremely bitter toward Von Daniken and teamed with Stan Hall who wrote some books on the subject. A US astronaut visited the cave with an American expedition and found nothing conclusive. In the '90's a Japanese expedition penetrated some 15 kilometers inside the cave system. Apparently no Metal Library or other artifacts were found. Stan Gritz says he has been to both caves mentioned by Moricz and Hall and found nothing. He says he has interviewed local Indians living near the caves and learned nothing relating to the Metal Library. Stan has recorded interviews with the major players in this long running story available. His conclusion is that the story in all its variations is not true nor does it have any basis in fact aside from cave networks existing in the area claimed.

        In view of no verifiable artifact ever being retrieved from the Metal Library over this long period, I concur with Stan Gritz' assessment. Read Stan's original statements here and the opposing views easily found elsewhere and draw your own conclusion.

        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "erichard" <efriendsinbox@...> wrote:

        > Is there any possiblity that this claim is for real?
        >
        > http://socyberty.com/activism/legendary-metal-library-found-in-tayos-cav\
        > e-in-ecuador/#ixzz23AAkEiTr
        > <http://socyberty.com/activism/legendary-metal-library-found-in-tayos-ca\
        > ve-in-ecuador/#ixzz23AAkEiTr>
        >
        > Richard

      • Stan Grist
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2012
          Hi All,

          Actually, my name is Stan Grist. This summation of my previous comments by dcampbell75479 is perfectly accurate and very well explained. Thank you for that. The recent claim of the Tayos Gold artifact discovery is completely bogus.

          Here is the first part of an important statement made by Manuel Palacios on one of my web pages:

          Jul 25, 2012

          Legendary Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

          by: Manuel Palacios

          To whom it may concern;

          (I wish to include the Shuar people and The National and International Scientific Community)

          I, Manuel Palacios Villavicencio, researcher and editor of the website www.tayoscave.wordpress.com

          declare that the statements made on the site:

          http://www.disclose.tv/news/Legendary_Metal_Library_Found_in_Tayos_Cave_in_Ecuador/85631

          Is only disinformation, it seems it is a strategy, which aims to indispose us, in front of the Political and Religious Authorities of the Honorable Shuar People and obscure the work we’ve been doing since 2006 with them.

          You can read the rest of his statement here:

          http://www.adventure-trader.com/metallic-library-tayos-cave.html

          I hope that helps to clarify some things,

          Stan

          According to one of our members, Stan Gritz, who lives in Ecuador and has researched this Tayos Cave Metal Library for 25 years, the answer is no. You may search the message archives and find his original posts but here is a brief recap:

          Petronilo Jaramillo created the original story of the Tayos Metal Library as a work of fiction. He dictated and his wife wrote it down.

          Sometime in the 1960's Juan Moricz made a statement that the story was true. Erich Von Daniken became aware of the story and wrote it up in "Gold of the Gods" as fact. Moricz became extremely bitter toward Von Daniken and teamed with Stan Hall who wrote some books on the subject. A US astronaut visited the cave with an American expedition and found nothing conclusive. In the '90's a Japanese expedition penetrated some 15 kilometers inside the cave system. Apparently no Metal Library or other artifacts were found. Stan Gritz says he has been to both caves mentioned by Moricz and Hall and found nothing. He says he has interviewed local Indians living near the caves and learned nothing relating to the Metal Library. Stan has recorded interviews with the major players in this long running story available. His conclusion is that the story in all its variations is not true nor does it have any basis in fact aside from cave networks existing in the area claimed.

          In view of no verifiable artifact ever being retrieved from the Metal Library over this long period, I concur with Stan Gritz' assessment. Read Stan's original statements here and the opposing views easily found elsewhere and draw your own conclusion.

          --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "erichard" <efriendsinbox@...> wrote:

          > Is there any possiblity that this claim is for real?
          >
          > http://socyberty.com/activism/legendary-metal-library-found-in-tayos-cav | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
          Messages in this topic (2)
          Recent Activity:

          .

        • dcampbell75479
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2012
            Stan,
            My apologies for mispelling your name; I should have known better since I searched for your original comments here a couple of weeks ago but I was relying upon memory and posting in somewhat of a rush. When this newest attempt to resurrect the Tayos story surfaced on the Graham Hancock message board, I took the liberty of quoting you verbatim with your name spelled correctly in the attribution. Since you are the most knowledgeable with regard to the "ground truth" surrounding this story, I thought you would want the facts known to all interested people just now encountering this newest spin on an old hoax. Hancock's board probably reaches the most people with similar interests as members of this board. At any rate, I listed your website given in the comments you made here and encouraged readers to visit it in order to read more detailed information from someone in a position to know the facts of the matter.

            I recall when you first posted here and compared your information to that of Stan Hall and the others still living at the time. By default alone, you, in my opinion, are the best living authority on the subject. Thank you for keeping the record straight.

            Yours truly,
            David Campbell

            --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, Stan Grist <sdgrist@...> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Actually, my name is Stan Grist. This summation of my previous comments by dcampbell75479is perfectly accurate and very well explained. Thank you for that. The recent claim of the Tayos Gold artifact discovery is completely bogus.
            >
            > Here is the first part of an important statement made by Manuel Palacios on one of my web pages:
            >

            > Jul 25, 2012
            >
            > Legendary Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador
            > by: Manuel Palacios
            >
            > To whom it may concern;
            >
            > (I wish to include the Shuar people and The National and International Scientific Community)
            >
            > I, Manuel Palacios Villavicencio, researcher and editor of the website www.tayoscave.wordpress.com
            >
            > declare that the statements made on the site:
            >
            > http://www.disclose.tv/news/Legendary_Metal_Library_Found_in_Tayos_Cave_in_Ecuador/85631
            >
            > Is
            > only disinformation, it seems it is a strategy, which aims to indispose
            > us, in front of the Political and Religious Authorities of the
            > Honorable Shuar People and obscure the work we’ve been doing since 2006
            > with them.
            >

            > You can read the rest of his statement here:
            >

            > http://www.adventure-trader.com/metallic-library-tayos-cave.html
            >

            > I hope that helps to clarify some things,
            >
            > Stan
            >

            > >________________________________

          • Stan Grist
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2012
              Hi David,

              No problem whatsoever about the misspelled name. I get called much worse in certain corners. I really appreciate the way you succinctly and accurately relayed my previous comments on this topic.

              I do believe that Manuel Palacios Villavicencio has some valuable information to offer on the subject on his web site:

              We probably don't agree on a number of issues but I see him as being an honest investigator who is actually doing his homework on the ground. That, in my experience, is rare to find.

              I will continue to investigate South America's ancient mysteries as long as I am able. I still hope to discover important evidence about the ancient past here. I so appreciate the members of this group and especially the invaluable information that Mike graciously shares with us on a regular basis.

              Thanks to all who participate here,

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 16, 2012

                   if i may, without credentials, comment on this.  i assume that the tayos cave was explored, and nothing was found.  if true, we can conclude that no metal library was found there.  whether one exists elsewhere, still unknown, remains to be seen.
                   i still think that tunnels or lava tubes may still exist, that could have relics hoarded in them.
                   i think that the crespi collection has amply shown that high culture relics have been found in ecuador.  many of them had old world themes and influence.  barry fell concluded that proto phoenician inscriptions were found upon metal and stone relics that were found in ecuador.  over 10,000 relics were known to exist in the crespi collection.  a vast amount of scripts from pre 3000 bce were found, with archaic square hebrew writing among them.  no effort has been made to transliterate them.  it would be highly interesting to know what clues were given in those texts.  im not sure if dr fell gave any other info on them, other than identifying the script.  i sent images of scripts found to the hebrew university in israel, and they had no interest.
                   im uncertain what led seekers to the tayos caves.  im more interested in the crespi relics, and looking closer at the valdivian cultural antiquities.  ecuador, being the andean land with the most favorable climate, must have attracted the ancients to it from an early date.  from everything that ive studied, i remain convinced that western south america is among the lands still above the sea with the oldest relics of cultured man.  it likely offers the best chance for researchers to make astounding discoveries of anywhere on earth.  there have been few digs, who knows what may lie a few feet under the surface.
                   the breastplates in gold and bronze depicted the priests standing upon stone floors that were covered with inscriptions.  if these floors are uncovered, and efforts are made by scholars to read them, then we can learn something conclusive.  the corpus of writing upon these relics, and on others yet unfound in the region, was substantial enough to fill in many blank pages in human history.  it is pitiful that the academics failed to get involved during the decades when the collection was intact.  it will be much more difficult now.
                   we might ask where did the natives find these objects?  its unlikely that they did much digging.  all they had was machetes.  caves, tunnels, and lava tubes are more probable than finding them upon the surface.  imagine what could be found if the region was carefully explored and surveyed, by a well-outfitted expedition, that excavated key locations.  all of the finest relics found have been carried off to private collections, or been melted down for bullion.  the few collections open to the public offer crude pottery on display.
                   please to not write-off the possibilities, based upon one hoax.

                Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:11 AM