Research

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
      Hi,
      I'll probably raise some hackles with this post, but here goes! In researching my vessel I'm finding a great deal of speculation/assumption. I even find myself doing it. When trying to sketch some of the glyph on the vessel, it's easy to mistake what is probably dirt for a line, or circle, or some other thing that really isn't there.
      That said, I looked at some of the information on the Cascajal tablet.
      It is assumed that the representations are a system of symbols that compose a written language.

      What if it is simply the local stone and leather worker's bill of goods. This list of objects that he can make for trade being leather pouches of various designs, and knives, rollers, picks, mashers, etc.

      As I said, this should raise some controversy.

      Sincerely,
      RWC
    • aumsparky@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012

           concerning the olmec, almost everything is speculation.  if you examine facts, you may find that they are not sufficiently supported.  this is especially true of the dates assigned.  if you have facts to present, we welcome them.  most of us are aware of what is written by the 'experts'.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012

             some might compare the human figure, and the animals represented at toltec sites, and conclude your relic is toltec.  only the flaming eyebrows suggest it to be olmec.  the olmec dragon on the bowl could be a toltec jaguar.

             examine the racial features of these vastly different people, that are all classified as olmec.  they are dated between 1600 bce and 400 bce.  i have difficulty accepting any of this as fact, but each to their own opinion.  there are other figurines classified as olmec, that depict extremely elongated skulls.

          Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:16 PM
          Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Research