Vessel

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2012
      Hi,
      Will send additional pictures of dragon. If you magnify the uploaded pictures, you should be able to make out some of the detail. Actually I am able to see more in the pictures than on he object itself.
      It appears that the interior panels tell a story, in that there is a repetition of the seated reclining figure with the figure in its lap changing. I am starting to think it is a description of the beginning of their religion, or the world, or something along those lines. My friend, Luis, who was with me when I got it thinks it is the Olmec Kama Sutra!!!!!!!
      Later,
      RWC
    • Dick
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
        Hi,
        Three more pics and some observations. Most of the glyphs appear to be a seated figure with legs extended. There are various things either in the figure"s lap or emerging.
        Pic 010 shows the basic scene upside down at the left of the head and right side up at the right of the head.
        Pics 021 and 025 show some of the faded detail.
        Some things that may or may not be there:
        Pic 028 three whiskers just behind the mouth line and below the eye.
        Pic 010 a claw with three lines.
      • Dick
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2012
          Hi