Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: maya in ga?

  • aumsparky@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 30, 2011

         below tells of the topper site along the savanah river in sc.  our lads examine campsites of hunter-gatherers when they look for the oldest sites.  some of the lithics are thought to be from 50,000 bce.
         we have been aware of ancient cultures in that region since bartram passed thru circa 1620.  in fact he reported much pottery washing out of the riverbanks.  pottery wasnt used by clovis or other hunter-gatherers, this more likely was an ancient village.  we still await the experts to find the sites spoken of by bartram.

      Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 9:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: maya in ga?

         each to their own opinion.  many have discarded the beringian walk theory from asia, since the oldest sites of man were in our southeast, and in south america.  no older sites have been found in alaska or siberia.  how many of our tribes are of the yellow race?  none grew rice or made silk.  i dont see any clovis sites in the lower midwest.

      http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dclovis%2Bsites%2Bmap&w=142&h=160&imgurl=www.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dclovis%2Bsites%2Bmap%23focal%3D7cc2d263bfe5728d744f01776b25ff28%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.archaeology.org%252fonline%252ffeatures%252fclovis%252fjpegs%252fmap2.gif&size=&name=search&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dclovis%2Bsites%2Bmap%23focal%3D7cc2d263bfe5728d744f01776b25ff28%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.archaeology.org%252fonline%252ffeatures%252fclovis%252fjpegs%252fmap2.gif&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dclovis%2Bsites%2Bmap%23focal%3D7cc2d263bfe5728d744f01776b25ff28%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.archaeology.org%252fonline%252ffeatures%252fclovis%252fjpegs%252fmap2.gif&p=clovis+sites+map&type=&no=4&tt=115&oid=http%3A%2F%2Fts2.mm.bing.net%2Fimages%2Fthumbnail.aspx%3Fq%3D1515710055577%26id%3D9fd24020b9912eae1dd905feeab78b7a&tit=until+1997+no+site+was+widely+accepted+as+pre+dating+the+clovis+...&sigr=15ha3bel4&sigi=15adm2uv6&sigb=11q7t5du9&fr=b1ie7

         i saw people in taos nm that looked much like the aymara of bolivia.  our plain indians could have come up from mexico or peru, the change in diet to bison might change features fairly fast.  if man were slow to adapt, he could not have survived thru the changes the earth has undergone.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 11, 2012
        Mike -

        Good point about Tulum.

        One has to think that - whether they planned it or not - they would
        quickly have seen that from the top of the pyramids they could see a
        long way. And no society that has enemies could not see the advantage
        of having a high perspective.

        This strongly suggests that one of the primary reasons for pyramids was
        as a vantage point, a crow's nest on land. And like in The Lord of The
        Rings, using them for signal fires could not be long in coming. I have
        no idea if there is evidence for fires atop pyramids with flat tops. I
        kind of doubt the evidence was there or someone would have mentioned it.
        All we hear about is rituals.

        But as vantage points, fires weren't necessary, but I won't drop the
        idea until I have proven it wrong to my satisfaction.

        Having the tops be above the trees not only gives the perspective of
        looking down like gods, but it also allows seeing long ways across the
        Yucatan, over the trees. Yet, there is not much to see except trees -
        and other pyramids - and perhaps the smoke from fires of anyone camping
        anywhere nearby.

        As an ancient version of the Pony Express or the telegraph, you couldn't
        do any better. It would even justify building them.

        I would not be mentioning this, except I have never heard of any thought
        put into this, so I thought I'd put it out there.

        If we consider the ancient peoples as practical in the slightest, we
        have to consider what WE would do with certain structures that we find.
        Yes, the Christian white guys who started archeology decided that the
        ancients were all mumbo-jumbo fearing numb nuts. But we here don't.
        So, if we had something taller than the trees, what would we utilize it
        for? Just because the 19th century arkies had no imagination doesn't
        mean we can't. And just because archeology is - amazingly - still stuck
        in the thinking of those religious dummies, well, that isn't our doing.

        My vote goes to them using them for signalling between complexes. Once
        they were up there, they could NOT have not seen that potential.
        SOMEBODY had to have seen the potential.

        Steve Garcia

        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, <aumsparky@...> wrote:

        > hi david, all
        >
        > i reposted the link that was put on ancient-mysteries. brasstown
        bald and blairsville are probably within 30 miles from my home at
        franklin, nc. unfortunately, my legs are no longer up to the rigors
        needed to hike up to the site.
        > apparently, some of the maya escaped the general revolt of the
        masses, and may have taken boats from tulum. they may have come inland
        on the savanah river.
        > i dont recall the particulars, but some relics from the mound in
        franklin may have related to the maya. this may be how bamboo was
        carried into this region.
        > ive travelled much in asia in the last 9 years. im hoping to
        explore the andes and mexico next.