Mu-and-or-Lemuria?

  • Gangchen Gonpo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2011
      Is Mu = Lemuria in all cases?

      James Churchward's Mu was the 'Garden of Eden' in his terms and the now lost source of an advanced ancient civilization that influenced the rest.

      As opposed to Madame Blavatsky, who based her Lemuria on channeled information, James provided what was considered scientific proof to build an argument for a continent that he called Mu and never wrote a single solitary word about Lemuria (that I have found.)

      Whether or not aspects of the two theories are amazingly similar or some terms have the same meanings, the fact remains that there are some differences and a purist would loathe ignoring the details for expediency.

      I must admit that I have not studied Theosophy or done a comparison study, but this is what James says about the people of Mu:

      The dominant race in the land of Mu was a white race exceedingly handsome people, with clear white or olive skins, large, soft, dark eyes and straight black hair. Besides this white race, there were people of other races, people with yellow, brown or black skins. They, however, did not dominate.

      That isn't the same as the Secret Doctrine.

      If I am all washed up, please set me straight.

      Jack Churchward
      http://www.my-mu.com/
    • aumsparky@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2011

           to the mystics, mu and lemuria are the same.  it was a continent in the pacific, that reached from mexico and peru to bali, at least.  they had colonies in india and indo-china.  they were of two races, black and brown, as are found in these locations today.  they were an advanced mother culture, very spiritual.  it could be viewed as one of the gardens of eden.

        imho

        Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:48 PM
        Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Mu-and-or-Lemuria?

[...]

        No virus found in this message.