writing in peru?

  • michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2011
      look at this picture of a structure in chanchan peru, said to be build by the chimu circa 850 ce. it looks more like writing to me, than mere decoration. i would like to examine this close-up if the opportunity arises.
      modern adobe falls far short of that found at chanchan, the secret must be lost. the chimu, and the older moche cultures were very advanced. i read the account of the final battle by the inca to capture this kingdom, but believe it to be further back in time than the date commonly assigned.

      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_u7ryccJN3ZQ/S-dg4qkOTYI/AAAAAAAACwA/W-lA2TWKdk4/s1600/Moche_ruinsA.jpg

      we might learn much by a study of the sealife depicted at chanchan. they lived by the bounty of the sea, the city being built near the shore. the seacoast along the north shore at one time was tropical, before the cold humboldt current began. if the sealife depicted is extinct, then it was before 850 ce. if the sealife was tropical, then it was before the humboldt current prevailed. the article i read on chanchan described the sea creatures depicted as "monsters". that does not sound like what we would expect for 850 ce.

      mike
    • romeo hristov