Re: red river

  • sherm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2011
      Hello Mike, When I posted earlier my eye caught this post too.

      Is this the Red River that flowes north to Hudson Bay.
      A few years ago another reseacher and I noted what may have been outlines of crators in western minnesota. Very large but not deep.
      We speculated that a meteorite had hit the glacier.
      There is another near Roseau Minnesota too.

      What would the effect of a large imact be into a mile or more thick glacier?
      We have just returned from a trip across the floor of the Red River Valley in northern Minnesota.
      This was also the floor of glacial lake agassiz.
      The lower portion of the 'v'shaped lake was in westen minnesota and was 400 miles long and 50 to 100 miles wide.
      It is almost perfectly flat.

      The Red River had been flooding and it was very RED and muddy looking.

      Was the Redness also possibly a result from when the volcano under yellowstone last blew?

      And why is that ancient sea floor of lake agassiz so flat?
      thanks
      steve

    • aumsparky@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2011

           the red river i discussed was in tx and ok.  i believe most of the iron-rich red clay results from meteorites.  most burn up passing thru the atmosphere, then the red clay rains down over a wide area.  its water dissolved and carried, and ends up on the seafloor.
           something not discussed, is the radioactive elements.  its thought that the core of planets is the source of iron-nickel meteorites.  the radioactive elements are the heaviest, so one might expect them also to be present in the core.  if true, meteorites may be radioactive.
           it seems likely that most of these iron-nickel meteorites and red clay may be the result of the planet destroyed between mars and jupiter.  so far our lads have not accepted any of that.
           im inclined to believe that near global earth-changes occurred as a result of a close fly-by of a heavenly body circa 3000 bce.  probably seashores changed, ranges of the andes uplifted, and new land appeared in north america about that time.