Fw: pillow lava

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010

      Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 4:39 AM
      Subject: pillow lava

         bear in mind that I am an amateur, and do not pretend to have all of the answers.  as host I present ideas to discuss, leaving others to look deeper on their own.
         pillow lava is formed underwater or under a glacier, and is easily recognized by its short rounded sections, like pillows, due to fast cooling.  many of us have long looked for a method to date when landmasses were uplifted.  perhaps doing paleomagnetic studies of pillow lava may help us attain an approximate date when the lava captured the then current magnetic field.  the region of the andes may yield some interesting results, it being volcanic, and having evidence of recent submerging.  one might expect when elevator uplifts occur that they were triggered by an earthquake, and that volcanoes were likely active during the event.  these scientists have formed a record from core studies already amassed from various locations around the globe, and may be able to correlate time sequences for events.  for instance if pillow lava on the same plate as tiwanako setup the same magnetic orientation as we have today, that plate must have been submerged and uplifted in the last few thousand years, not the millions cited by the geologists.  see?
         btw, ive often wondered if the mystic gate aramu muru had been built before the submerging and subsequent uplift, because the stone above it and wrapped over it looks like pillow lava.  now 2 miles high!  peru

      The mysterious Aramu Muru's Doorway