Re: [Ancient-Mysteries] review : isis unveiled - 'the soul of things'

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010

      Subject: Re: [Ancient-Mysteries] review : isis unveiled - 'the soul of things'

         " This faculty is called by its discoverer -- Professor J. R. Buchanan, of Louisville, Kentucky -- psychometry."
         "Old manuscripts, requiring an antiquary to decipher their strange old penmanship, were easily interpreted by the psychometric power."
         " a fragment of an ancient building will recall its history and even the scenes which transpired within or about it. "
         " the faculty which enables a certain class of sensitive persons to receive from any object held in the hand or against the forehead impressions of the character or appearance of the individual, or any other object with which it has previously been in contact. "
         [ such an individual would be of the greatest advantage in translating unknown languages, or rock-carved inscriptions.  only the enlightened would believe his report, such is the state of science in our day.  many of us would like to know such impressions from angkor wat or easter island. anyone having this faculty, I would like to hear from you. ]
         " In his charming work, entitled The Soul of Things, Professor Denton, the geologist,* enters at great length into a discussion of this subject. He gives a multitude of examples of the psychometrical power, which Mrs. Denton possesses in a marked degree. "

         " The psychometer is clairvoyant; that is, he sees with the inner eye. Unless his will-power is very strong, unless he has thoroughly trained himself to that particular phenomenon, and his knowledge of the capabilities of his sight are profound, his perceptions of places, persons, and events, must necessarily be very confused. But in the case of mesmerization, in which this same clairvoyant faculty is developed, the operator, whose will holds that of the subject under control, can force him to concentrate his attention upon a given picture long enough to observe all its minute details. "
         " Paracelsus, like the rest, exhausted his ingenuity in transpositions of letters and abbreviations of words and sentences. For example, when he wrote sutratur he meant tartar, and mutrin meant nitrum, and so on. There was no end to the pretended explanations of the meaning of the alkahest."

         I have changed books to 'the soul of things', to investigate psychometry deeper.  the sensitive could see, and sometimes hear, and could report cardinal directions.  im reminded how many of us can hear the sea in a conch shell.
         farmer in painesville ohio had an 1850 lb meteorite in his field.  a piece of this was touched, and it was reported that an ancient people, probably the moundbuilders, had dug it up, and placed it in a temple of worship.  the people used animals for riding and pulling carts, like illamas.  they had cities, plastered houses, and highways.
          a meteorite from galena il had hit the moon first, later to earth.
         from moonlight :  moom has a mere shell over liquid lava.  electrical vibrations to earth are disturbed.
         one fragment had come from a planet with water and vegetation.
         a rock from mammoth cave told her that there are grander caverns below, never visited yet, that were like a palace with partitioned rooms.  they had "an artificial appearance".  lit by a strange light.  shelves with utinsels carved in stone, also animals carved in stones, including horses and camels.  I doubt that there was a gift shop there during the civil war, so we might expect very ancient relics deeper in mammoth cave.
         he thinks women are 5 times better at psychometry than men.
         google only gives a partial text, very disappointing for an old text of public domain.

      mike

    • José Vergara
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010
        Thank you very much for this post, Mike.

        I always wanted to know the word describing that phenomenon and now you told it: psychometry.

        I will try to find the word in spanish.

        This faculty could be of a greater help for archeologists.

        I am going to search for books relating that faculty. If i found some of them for free, i will post it here.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010
          http://www.archive.org/details/manualofpsychome00buchiala

          There you could find for free and download: Manual of psychometry :the dawn of a new civilization (1885), Author: Buchanan, Joseph R. (Joseph Rodes), 1814-1899

          And the other book: The Soul of Things, Or, Psychometric Researches and Discoveries (1863), Author: William Denton , Elizabeth M. Foote Denton

          can be found complete, free and downloable at:

          http://www.archive.org/details/soulthingsorpsy00dentgoog

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010
            wonderful jose, thanks. unfortunately, they wont open in china where I
            am now, but I will read them when I return to the states. I caught a cold
            the past week during a typhoon, so am reading during my recovery.
            note, that dr denton didn’t have to hunt long for gifted sensitives, his
            wife and sister had this talent without knowing it. that is very
            encouraging. it is work for the right-brain, that most women actively use.
            I have a cabinet full of relics that I would like to know more about,
            including stone-age hammers and axes.
            greater detail was had when a psychometrist was used with a hypnotist.
            then the flashing images could be slowed down, and she could be questioned.
            members are encouraged to try such tests at home to learn who may have
            this gift. have an open mind, and give it a fair chance. best to have
            skeptics leave the room.
            the 19th century sure had lots of fascinating things going on, seances,
            dancing tables, keeley, psychometry, blavatsky, and young cayce. much of it
            was valid, but a few frauds were exposed, and they threw out the baby with
            the bathwater.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010

                 those of you who are reading 'the soul of things' online, might give your opinion.  I think the meteorite from galena, il was misinterpreted.  the reader may have got the order of events mixed up.  she described water and plant growth, then an earthquake, the land falling beneath the sea, then uplifts, before travelling thru space.  causing author to assume that the stone had come from another world like earth.  she seemed to be describing the scenario that I have reported, where the midwest had become an inland sea.  the rise and fall she told of is exacting what would have created the coal seams found in the region.  its important that further psychometric readings be done on items recovered from the lower midwest, particularly under 800 elevation.  I will reread that section.  those in that region are encouraged to try taking a reading yourself.

              mike

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 13, 2010

                   I should have waited to write.  the specimen was found in waukegan il, along lake michigan, not far from the wisc border.  she probably had the order of events turned around, but it was too far north to account for the inland sea in recent geological time.  it would have been on the far northern edge of the inland sea that I predicted, based on the glacier stopping there, before floating off.  it does sound like the impact of the meteorites caused a plate to drop.
                   painesville ohio is in far ne ohio, near lake erie, close to the site where the cemetery of the giants was found.  its odd that she saw white and dark races living together back then.

                mike

                Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:39 AM

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 14, 2010
                  Hi Mike, Jose,

                  I attended a two day Remote Viewing workshop in London.  The lecturer was an ex C.I.A. remote viewer.  He held up an envelope with a photograph in it and asked us to draw what the photo portrayed.  I drew a tree stump as this was the image I had in my head but I also saw a lot of shimmering purple light which for me is a symbol of the Power of Transformation. (one of the strands of Consciousness.)  My drawing turned out to be extremely accurate except that it was not a tree stump but a mountain sacred to the Sioux nation where they hold their Sundances.  The Sundance is a system of Transformation.  I think the mountain is called "Devil`s Mount" there are pictures of it on google.

                  I did a Holotopic Breathwork workshop with Stan Grof And during my session went back to Atlantis.  My wife can do it at the drop of a hat but I have to Breath or "halucinate".  The ability to "see" apparently depends, in part, on how much shadow we carry.  Shadow is fear and many men are very fearful no matter how brave they think they are and find surrender very difficult.  Women are more able to surrender than men.  Think of childbirth.

                  David.

                  Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:39 AM

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
                    perhaps you mean the 'devil's tower' in wyoming? it was spoke of in the movie 'close encounters of the third kind'. it could be seen as a tree stump in the mind.
                    spiritual gifts differ so much, with an infinite variety. so much could be learned if these gifts were used more. our civilization will not be classed among the great ones, until we learn to appreciate and use metaphysics, and harness the earth-side forces.
                    i am in china on vacation, so excuse the delay responding.

                    mike

                    --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, david collins <dmcollins6@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Mike, Jose,
                    >
                    > I attended a two day Remote Viewing workshop in London.  The lecturer was an ex
                    > C.I.A. remote viewer.  He held up an envelope with a photograph in it and asked
                    > us to draw what the photo portrayed.  I drew a tree stump as this was the image
                    > I had in my head but I also saw a lot of shimmering purple light which for me is
                    > a symbol of the Power of Transformation. (one of the strands of Consciousness.)
                    > My drawing turned out to be extremely accurate except that it was not a tree
                    > stump but a mountain sacred to the Sioux nation where they hold their
                    > Sundances.  The Sundance is a system of Transformation.  I think the mountain is
                    > called "Devil`s Mount" there are pictures of it on google.
                    >
                    > I did a Holotopic Breathwork workshop with Stan Grof And during my session went
                    > back to Atlantis.  My wife can do it at the drop of a hat but I have to Breath
                    > or "halucinate".  The ability to "see" apparently depends, in part, on how much
                    > shadow we carry.  Shadow is fear and many men are very fearful no matter how
                    > brave they think they are and find surrender very difficult.  Women are more
                    > able to surrender than men.  Think of childbirth.
                    >
                    > David.

                  • david collins
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 23, 2010
                      Hi Mike.

                      I did mean Devil`s Tower.  No need to aplogise.  Eveerything takes as long as it takes.

                      We were told that no one in Atlantis couls rise to positions of power without first demonstrating exceptional spiritual abilities.  Aparently one guy, despite his exceptional abilities, thought he was wiser than the rest of the ruling council and proposed the creation of a defence force which had not been seen as spiritually correct.  The creation of that defence force which was against all earlier teachings was the beginning of the end of Atlantis.

                      I read yesterday that scientists are beginning to realise that human choices have an affect on environment.  Not only physical choices but in thoughts and emotional reactions.

                      One of the directors of me ex wife`s company had been particularly obnoxious to her which had me feeling quite incensed when I heard about it.  Within hours he was in acute pain in hospital with no known cause. I subsequently received channelling advice " You must be responsible with your thinking".  Maybe we need to learn to harness our own forces first.

                      David