RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Digest Number 2196

  • Catherine French
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010
      There are some online articles about OK sites, but they are very big files (~ 10 megs):

      the Pontotoc stone, page 36, Gloria Farley
      http://digital.library.okstate.edu/oktoday/1970s/1976/oktdv26n4.pdf

      http://digital.library.okstate.edu/oktoday/1970s/1979/oktdv29n1.pdf

      http://www.gloriafarley.com/chap3.htm

      Chapter on sailing ship hieroglyphs:
      http://www.gloriafarley.com/chap2.htm

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010

        hi catherine, all

           thank you so much for posting this information.  it appears that the south canadian river had been used ca 500 bce by old world mariners.  it could have been this river that had formerly passed the relics sites of heavener and wilburton.  google earth doesnt name the rivers, and i am not very familiar with that region.  its still peculiar that so many diverse ancients selected that river.  the relics suggest that they stayed and occupied the region for a while.  here again, the relics were found on a hill.  imho, the dating on akhenaten is flawed, and he may have reigned thousands of years before 1380 bce.  there remains the possibility that these sites were islands when an inland sea covered portions of oklahoma.
           i hope to study this further when time allows.

        Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:05 AM
        Subject: RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Digest Number 2196

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2010

             btw, im fully aware that the geologists claim that ok was covered by a shallow sea 400 mya.  if you look with google earth, you can see that if the sealevel changed only 300 ft, an arm of the sea would cover parts of east tx, e ok, up to cairo il.  only alluvial sands hold the sea back now.  this article mentions the 14 inch sandal design of a giant near asher ok.  egyptian relics were found in ok.  our pioneers found so many egyptian relics in s ill, that they named the site cairo.  i believe an arm of the sea reached far inland in the midwest within the last 12,000 years.  the last glacier could have depressed the plate enough for such an intrusion by the sea.  a tsunami could burst thru, turn the sand to oatmeal, and it would flow out to sea.  it certainly changes our perspective to consider that the seacoasts may have been considerably different during the time of cultured man.

          Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:33 AM

          Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:05 AM

> [...]

          > much of what ive seen in my travels across america suggests that much of the land is unstable, and these mysteries have not been explained adequately by our geologists, who are muddled by gradualism and a mya dating perspective.
          >
          > mike
          >

          > Messages in this topic (2)
          >

          > Hosted by http://all-ez. com/epigraphy. htm
          > Group Site : http://www.epigraph yusa.com
          > To unsubscribe from this group, although we hope
          > you stay and help us improve. First consider changing to daily digest, or no mail - web only, visit main and edit membership :

        • william smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010
            Hi Mike and Catherine
              The Pontotoc Stone in my opinion is a recording of an ancient voyage when the only method for navigating was the sun for latitude and the moon for longitude.
               If you read the stone it shows the four seasons identified by the sun in the center. The 30 tics to the left are moons or lunar months traveling. The 11 tics within the rays as well as on the right side are the latitude varience from their starting location.
              In summary these people spent 30 lunar months going from east to west and ended up 11 latitude units north of their starting point. This stone is also shown in B Fells book (America BC) and I had a chance to work with Mr. Fell in the late 70s.
            William

            Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:05 AM