Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: chan chan

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29 6:05 PM

         copy and paste, include the =

      Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:51 PM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: chan chan

      Hi Ya Mike
      Is there another link to these wooden pieces?,I still the msg...:Try later" and the site does NOT load,gggrrrr

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29 7:32 PM
        Greeting Mike
        Yes it worked thank you!!!!

        Is there another link to these wooden pieces?,I still the msg...:Try later" and the site does NOT load,gggrrrr

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30 7:34 AM
          I was unable to access the url Mike provided even adding the =. However, I was able to find this article from October 20, 2009, En Peru blog which includes photos of the 17 wooden statues and some notes on their significance and archaeological context. There are also links to the problems with a mining company's proposed destruction of the site to mine iron ore.
          http://enperublog.com/2009/10/20/nain-an-sculptures-new-secrets-revealed-at-ancient-chan-chan/
          Should this url fail to load, a google search with the search words Chan Chan Wooden idols should bring it up.

          Yours truly,
          David Campbell
          --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, iduff Gwinnutt <iduffgwinnutt@...> wrote:

          > Greeting Mike
          > Yes it worked thank you!!!!

        • michael white
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30 12:37 PM
            There are several links to the wooden figures on Chan Chan and other discoveries

            Kind regards from Michael White, Clara Bravo & Delicia Andrés.
            Cahuide 495 (Opposite Huayna Capac 542)
            Urb. Santa María, Trujillo, Peru.
            Tel +51 44 299997/243347/949662710
            http://www.xanga.com/TrujilloPeru