chan chan

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2010

         i thank member michael of trujillo for this link.  they uncovered wooden statues at chan chan.  naturally, they dated them to 500 years old.  rather than stick to an assumed date, why not carbon date the wood?  they were probably hidden 500 years ago.  if they established the true age of their monuments, there would be plenty of money for tests.

      mike

    • iduff Gwinnutt
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2010
        Hi Ya Mike
        Is there another link to these wooden pieces?,I still the msg...:Try later" and the site does NOT load,gggrrrr

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2010

             copy and paste, include the =

          Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:51 PM
          Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: chan chan

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2010
            Greeting Mike
            Yes it worked thank you!!!!

            Is there another link to these wooden pieces?,I still the msg...:Try later" and the site does NOT load,gggrrrr

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010
              I was unable to access the url Mike provided even adding the =. However, I was able to find this article from October 20, 2009, En Peru blog which includes photos of the 17 wooden statues and some notes on their significance and archaeological context. There are also links to the problems with a mining company's proposed destruction of the site to mine iron ore.
              http://enperublog.com/2009/10/20/nain-an-sculptures-new-secrets-revealed-at-ancient-chan-chan/
              Should this url fail to load, a google search with the search words Chan Chan Wooden idols should bring it up.

              Yours truly,
              David Campbell
              --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, iduff Gwinnutt <iduffgwinnutt@...> wrote:

              > Greeting Mike
              > Yes it worked thank you!!!!

            • michael white
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010
                There are several links to the wooden figures on Chan Chan and other discoveries

                Kind regards from Michael White, Clara Bravo & Delicia Andrés.
                Cahuide 495 (Opposite Huayna Capac 542)
                Urb. Santa María, Trujillo, Peru.
                Tel +51 44 299997/243347/949662710
                http://www.xanga.com/TrujilloPeru