Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Member credentials

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010

      hi dr legner, all

         sounds like that person was lost, and thought this was a professional jounal.
         as to editing old posts, there is no need to bother.  over time people grow, and their opinion changes.  we invite all to post new thoughts now, since few read the archives.

      I remember a comment made by someone in this group the he/she would prefer to have data from "authorities" rather than those, such as I, who are participating because of fascination and intense interest rather than active professionalism in the subjects at hand. However, it should be noted that probably the single greatest achievement in American Archeology has been the decoding of the Maya script. This enabled an understanding of the Maya history written down by the Maya themselves. Earlier "authorities" at Harvard and elsewhere were claiming that there were no written texts whatsoever in the Americas. YET, it was a very YOUNG STUDENT in highschool at the time that did the deciphering of the script. Similarly a hundred years ago a clerk in a Swiss postal office while riding the streetcar back and forth to work got the idea for E=mc2 !!!!!!!!!

    • Charles Mattox
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2010
        Mike, all,
        Amen!