welcome

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 11, 2009

         welcome to the new members.
         for those interested, im reviewing on my ancient-mysteries list, pausanius' 'description of greece'.

      mike

    • Laura
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11, 2009
        Thanks very much, Mike. Your name aumsparky looks so familiar to me. Hmmm... was it on an Edgar Cayce site?

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11, 2009

             yes laura, i have many cayce pages online since '94.

          Thanks very much, Mike. Your name aumsparky looks so familiar to me. Hmmm... was it on an Edgar Cayce site?

          --- In Precolumbian_ Inscriptions@ yahoogroups. com, "mike white" <infoplz@... > wrote:

          > welcome to the new members.
          > for those interested, im reviewing on my ancient-mysteries list, pausanius' 'description of greece'.
          >
          > mike

        • Laura
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 18, 2009
            Thanks, Mike. That's where I thought I saw it. I guess I should have introduced myself, too. Please forgive me. I am by occupation a teacher (fourth grade), living in California, and, unfortunately, I am no expert at pre-Columbian inscriptions by any means. (Maybe a little time, education, experience will change that.) I just have an intense, insatiable interest in history... so here I am! I navigated here from the Atlantic Conference site, and navigated there from the Sinclair site, so maybe I was a really great navigator in a previous life. lol! Another interest of mine has been Edgar Cayce, so that's why I recognized your name. I used to view what was probably one of your first online sites many years ago, as it had so many interesting Cayce readings. At the time, I was really taken aback by the ones on the Lusitania! (I also have personal interest in shipwrecks, for reasons I won't go into here.) I viewed the site (I call it the "sparky page"..lol) again this morning, and noticed you have some new links up. One in particular I found very interesting - the one on the Vikings in the "new world". Mike, I want to thank you so very much for organizing so many of Cayce's readings by subject matter like this! I have always felt your "sparky page" was such a "user friendly" site for those of us so interested in these readings. Thank you!

            --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white" <infoplz@...> wrote:

            > yes laura, i have many cayce pages online since '94.

          • dmcollins6
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 19, 2009
              Hi Everyone.

              I didn`t expect Edgar Cayce to be here. Synchronicity maybe.

              I have just joined in the hope of finding some assistance in locating an early culture. I have a name for a man pronounced "Ilaan" and a word for the rank of high priestess/spiritual protector pronounced "eye-sha". I also have a word for the country they lived in pronounced "Garnoah" and the meaning of this as "precious garden".

              All assistance welcome.

              Thanks.

              David.

              --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <laura_unconditionally@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Mike. That's where I thought I saw it. I guess I should have introduced myself, too. Please forgive me. I am by occupation a teacher (fourth grade), living in California, and, unfortunately, I am no expert at pre-Columbian inscriptions by any means. (Maybe a little time, education, experience will change that.) I just have an intense, insatiable interest in history... so here I am! I navigated here from the Atlantic Conference site, and navigated there from the Sinclair site, so maybe I was a really great navigator in a previous life. lol! Another interest of mine has been Edgar Cayce, so that's why I recognized your name. I used to view what was probably one of your first online sites many years ago, as it had so many interesting Cayce readings. At the time, I was really taken aback by the ones on the Lusitania! (I also have personal interest in shipwrecks, for reasons I won't go into here.) I viewed the site (I call it the "sparky page"..lol) again this morning, and noticed you have some new links up. One in particular I found very interesting - the one on the Vikings in the "new world". Mike, I want to thank you so very much for organizing so many of Cayce's readings by subject matter like this! I have always felt your "sparky page" was such a "user friendly" site for those of us so interested in these readings. Thank you!
              >
              > --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white" <infoplz@> wrote:
              > >

              > > yes laura, i have many cayce pages online since '94.
              > >
              > > mike

            • michael
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
                it may be of interest to mention something i learned from the works of pausanias. many find the size and mass of ancient altars incredible, calling them megaliths, and great single cut stones. the ancients had a method of collecting the ash from the thigh bones burned of sacrifices, and making a paste of it, that they applied to the altar, like concrete. over centuries, they were able to create the appearance of a massive altar 'stone'this way. so it didnt involve the cutting and carrying of immense blocks from the quarry.
                i was surprised to read that dionysius [sp] was said to have conquered india at the dawn of greek history. im of the opinion that suez was a strait back then. he brought back elephants that he used in the first triumph. it would be near impossible to march these beasts across the arabian desert, lacking the volume of fodder that they require daily. there was a plentiful supply of ivory in greece from the earliest times. i tend to push the date of greek culture back to circa 26,000 bce now, when the offspring of noah and nimrod arrived. it would be as hard to prove as disprove.
                for some reason, the translator failed to include some of his writings on geography that spoke of islands in the ocean to the far west, and where he spoke of the atlantians. if someone locates those portions, please pass the info along.

                mike

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009

                     i went back to review jim allen's work on atlantis in bolivia.  he has created a better site since my last visit.  i didnt find a link to this group, or to my extensive work on atlantis, or the cayce readings on it.  im sure he would be interested in a portion of my comments.  i can agree with much of what allen reports, but think its quite a leap to conclude the continent of atlantis was in bolivia, that went up instead of down.  its true the canals were there, and atlantis may have sourced their metals there, as it was a colony of atlantis.  he made a connection to the elamite headdress, whereas i found correspondence with writing found at orura with proto elamite.  no doubt the early metal merchants from mesopotamia had been there.  the very name tiwanaku, has 'anaku', a root relating to metal in assyrian language if i recall correctly.  it was mentioned here long ago.  i like his site though, and envy his exploring of the andes.  a dream of mine that has been postponed too long.  ive been busy investing in houses in the suburbs of atlanta, renovating and renting them.  hopefully, when i get them leased, they will fund more world travel.  i still hope to spend time in the andes, mexico, egypt, and greece.