cherokee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2009

          one of the few surviving native histories, i believe was called the red record.  it told of the delaware/lenape arriving to the greater ohio area in an early era, and fighting the giants then living there, that they called Talegwa.
         the lenapes are considered the grandfathers, and are among the first nations of north america.  one can see an inscribed stone attributed to that tribe, showing them hunting mammoth.
         the cherokee are generally thought to be late arrivals, but based upon that history, we may need to revise our thinking.  im one of the few or only that has proposed that the cherokee are the same tribe as the chirique, that moved north from the andean or amazon region, stopping first at panama, where many remained, while others continued north to the southeastern usa.  a clue to their southern origin is their use of the blowgun when they first arrived.  ive always suspected that the susquehanna river got its name from arrivals from peru, from its similarity to andean words.   they could have migrated north to ohio and the ny area by following the river.  im starting to think that they must have arrived thousands of years earlier than thought.  possibly soon after the retreat of the glaciers.  they could have been giants then, and the cemetery and other remains at conneaut ohio may be their doing.  they were not totally destroyed, but were forced back south by the delaware and their ally, where they were found in the smoky mts, when our colonists arrived.  they were always considered a civilized tribe.  this hypothesis would seem to bring all of the clues together.  if and when our modern archaeologists get around to excavating the remains at conneaut, we may know more.  how they can resist such an exciting dig is beyond my comprehension.  lets hope they are prepared to spray preservative over the bones and relics when first exposed to the air, or all will turn to dust almost instantly, which is true for items several thousands of years old.

      imho