ainu

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2009

         near the same time humboldt was exploring the andes, the russians were exploring the pacific.  there is an extensive lexicon of ainu words between book 1 and 2, also other pacific languages.

         can it be possible that the ainu were the original people of east asia, and the modern chinese and japanese races were late comers?  it sure looks like the ainu were in japan before the japanese, who pushed them to the northern parts of the islands.
         early navigators often positioned islands on their charts, that later voyagers failed to find.  i think they thought this by the appearage of land birds and floating trees and vegetation.  i believe they were fooled by the debris discharged by the mighty columbia river.  these sailors often saw trees afloat far to sea, many with land birds using them as an ark.
         i can only give first impressions of the ainu, they are spread out over much of northeast asia to northwest america, and may be the remnant of another lost continent in the north pacific.  they seem very primitive, and at this point im not sure if they are an evolving culture, or like those of polynesia and melanesia, degraded from a former high culture.  im not sure how closely related the ainu are to the eskimo.  from their language, the eskimo seem to be from a former high culture, more can be said with fewer words, than with english.

      mike

    • alamikamba7
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2009
        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white" <infoplz@...> wrote:

        > near the same time humboldt was exploring the andes, the russians were exploring the pacific. there is an extensive lexicon of ainu words between book 1 and 2, also other pacific languages.
        >
        > http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=A2ABAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=subject:%22+Voyages+around+the+world+%22&as_brr=3&rview=1#PPA315,M1
        >
        > can it be possible that the ainu were the original people of east asia, and the modern chinese and japanese races were late comers? it sure looks like the ainu were in japan before the japanese, who pushed them to the northern parts of the islands.
        > early navigators often positioned islands on their charts, that later voyagers failed to find. i think they thought this by the appearage of land birds and floating trees and vegetation. i believe they were fooled by the debris discharged by the mighty columbia river. these sailors often saw trees afloat far to sea, many with land birds using them as an ark.
        > i can only give first impressions of the ainu, they are spread out over much of northeast asia to northwest america, and may be the remnant of another lost continent in the north pacific. they seem very primitive, and at this point im not sure if they are an evolving culture, or like those of polynesia and melanesia, degraded from a former high culture. im not sure how closely related the ainu are to the eskimo. from their language, the eskimo seem to be from a former high culture, more can be said with fewer words, than with english.
        >
        > mike

        Re: Ainu

        Hi all,

        <"It sure looks like the ainu were in japan before the japanese, who pushed them to the northern parts of the islands.">
        That is correct. Most of Ainu seem to be from Nivkh.

        <" I can only give first impressions of the ainu, they are spread out over much of northeast asia to northwest america, and may be the remnant of another lost continent in the north pacific.">
        In South America there are at least three (3) Ainu Indian tribes.

        The language of Ainu is isolate but some Japanese investigators are against this theory. One importat detail is their Bear Cult still alive.

        Sakari
      • michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2009
          hi sakari, all

          thanks for the input sakari. curious, are you japanese? where do you live currently?
          i wonder about when the japanese came to japan? based on culture similarity, i would guess from china. most east asian people have mixed mongolian blood. its difficult to know what the original indigenous race was like.
          my studies suggest that india and tibet are the oldest cultures of asia. i think both of them, and a lost culture of the gobi, were colonies of lemuria. a book i just read said that the mongolians began from atlantean exiles mixing with native women. im somewhat hesitant to believe this entirely, for i think there was always a native yellow race. although, its undeniable that a mix with the red, brown, and black races must have occurred in ancient times.
          im guessing that the ainu are of the brown race of pacifica.
          we are speaking academically, no offence was intended.

          mike