nazca

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009

         some good shots of nazca monuments in the slideshow.  they say its pre-inca, and date it 100 bce - 500 ce.  if, as i think, the inca began in 10,000 bce, the nazca may be before that.  our lads are missing something about ancient adobe.  these structures are holding up as well as stone.  the discovery of how they accomplished that could be as important as concrete.  since the region had suffered flood, their process resists water decomposition.  seems to me to be more than just tamped dry mud.  apparently, the secret wasnt lost, as the same technology was used at chanchan.

         recall, that there are nazca style lines further up the southern flank of the altiplano, covered by a salt lake.  how can they reckon the huge time necessary for evaporation to deposit that much salt, yet date the lines to 1st c bce to 5th c ce?  they are either much older, or we must accept submersion by the sea since they were were laid, and then uplifted, no?
         many of the themes depicted with the nazca lines are the same as those upon the ica stones.  i would think the ica stones are much older, but who knows.  the ica stones portrayed men riding on pterodons.  the nazca lines required elevation to appreciate.  i think both are over 12,000 years old, but how much older i cannot say.  imho, the experts are careless with their dating, and if you try to determine how they arrived at it, you come up empty handed, or disgusted.  i read how they dated the nazca lines by carbon-dating the wood in a stake somebody had driven among the lines.  so consider the dates carefully before accepting them as solid.