pacific islanders

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2008

       the kingsmill islanders have the same habit as our eskimoes, that of rubbing noses.
         after seeing the way they build monuments for the tombs of chiefs, im of the opinion that the megalithic gate of tonga represents a tomb of a mighty chief or king.  i may have seen the same style tomb in our northwest.
         author stated the natives of our northwest were of a more primitive race than those of california or those east of the rockies, darker also.  more reason to think they arrived from pacifica, than having crossed from asia.  its logical too, with the warm pacific current to carry them direct to our northwest.  the islands were over-populated.
         the islanders off the phillipines use betel with lime.  more than coincidence that lime was used by them, and in connection with coca in peru.
         the island of singapore had no tigers when the british leased it, but by 1835 the tigers swam the strait, and became a menace.

      brief look at the language of the aztecs

         in 1842 the magnetic equator was 9 degrees 20 minutes south of the true equator.
         interesting how the term man-of-war became simply warship.