tonga and fiji

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2008

         its interesting that the natives of tonga and fiji region use a long pointed pole for planting, much the same as in peru.

         some of the islands of these groups are of volcanic origin, so consequently fairly new land.  the natives are of two different races, and neither seem to resemble other polynesians or melanesians, imho.
         im curious how the soil accumulates on coral islands.  they have sand, where no mountains exist, which rules out sand being the product of mountain erosion.  i think its grasping too far to think the wind and waves carried it thousands of miles from mountains.   it would be great if we had a geologist member, but being a product of our schools, they often consider new ideas as heresy.
         from the mystics im led to believe that the lemurian mother culture was in the northern hemisphere, and that of atlantis in the southern, for most of their history.  the earth flipped over circa 50,000 bce, they say.  if true, we could use a magnetic dip meter to know which pottery was before the flip.
      our lads would never think of that, because they think man too primitive for pottery at that early era.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2008

           this was in circa 1840 in the tonga and fiji region.  women were sold for a whales tooth.  the buyer could use her as wife, slave, or eat her.  these natives were very hairy, with skins from copper to black, none as light as polynesians.  when parents got old they were buried alive.  one man had a 100 wives.  when a new canoe is launched they seize the first person they meet, cook him in an oven, and eat him.  sick or deformed people were strangled.  when a man dies his wives are strangled and buried with him.  as primitive and savage as man ever was.  families exchanged children to be eaten.
            its said their language is much like that of the rest of polynesia.
           as far as i know, canabalism was only practised in the south pacific region and africa, other than in emergency conditions.  it was still going on in both areas until about 100 years ago, and may still happen in isolated regions.  its harder to accept in africa, when so much other game was available.