Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] homer odyssey by butcher and lang

  • jdaintira@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      In a message dated 5/31/2008 2:22:56 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
      i havent seen good photos of the wooden idols of peru
      The few I have seen are in (or were, no telling what damage there was from the earthquake) the Ica Archaeology Museum which allows no flash photography as the light can damage the textiles.

      Some of the motifs reminded me of similar stone carvings at Tiahuanaco - the on site museum and the downtown La Paz Archaeology Museum.

      ~ Judith Marie

    • jdaintira@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        In a message dated 5/31/2008 2:22:56 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
        its still a wine producing district, and appears to have been cultivated for ages.
        The wine headquarters is near the coastal town of Pisco, and one of the traditional drinks in Peru is the Pisco Sour, which I find similar in taste to a Margarita. Often given to guests when they register at a hotel.

        Pisco is just north of where the Paracas peninsula juts out.  ~ Judith Marie