Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] review : "hidden history of the human race" by cremo & thompson

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008

         i finished this book, rather a disappointment.  much of it concerned the fossil record of primitive ape-men, with lots of print on bigfoot.  no mention of the relics of ica peru or acambaro mexico, no implications were brought up for the age of the residents and builders of tiwanaku.  we have presented more compelling and provocative material in this forum.  the book was a start in the right direction, and hopefully the authors will challenge the use of geological dating for paleoanthropology, and bring up more interesting anomalies in future volumes.

      mike

    • alamikamba7
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2008
        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, jdaintira@... wrote:

        > Fascinating, but we have to remember that the bridge goes both ways
        and that
        > these Siberian languages may come from North Americans who went
        further
        > west. ~ Judith Marie
        >
        > PS: I believe that some of the South American languages are also
        related to
        > Athabascan, and also Tibetan and Hungarian.

        Many DNA-mutations of American Continent - found in Siberia - are
        backing up your theory.
        I still suspect that the early Huns of Xiongnu and Attila and Aymara
        might have strong linguistic ties.

        Among North American Indians only some Finno-Ugric words found so far.
        "To sing" in Abenaki-Penobscot and Maliseet-Passamaquoddy is "lintu/
        linto".
        In Finnish "lintu" is a bird.

        Some connections between Finnish and Indigenous languages, especially
        related to shamanism, have been found among the following tribes:
        Zapoteca, Tarahumara, Cho'l/Chiapa, Popoluca, Nahuatl, Chorti in
        Mexico and Ulwa & Miskito in Central America.

        In the South among Mapudungun/Mapuche but a lot ("too much") among
        Aymara - especially among Lupaca tribe – and among Quechua as well.
        Through Proto-Uralic many connections to Saami (Lapplanders)
        languages with Aymara as well

        Regards,
        Sakari