Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Re: James Churchward and "The Christ Conspira...

  • jdaintira@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
      In a message dated 12/2/2007 5:04:45 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, giese@... writes:
      I suppose that one could make an argument that reworking 19th century material is keeping the authors ideas alive, but to describe such re-work as scholarly is giving it too much credit.
      HA! I once worked for a well know author in the metaphysical world, and he had me xerox his old books and articles from Fate magazine and then cut out the good stuff and put that into new categories and he wrote a few connecting pieces and released them as all new books.

      As he was doing this with his own old material, there was no copyright issue, but what a cheat on the buyers.

      ~ Inti RA

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007

           both of these authors are pitiful.  perhaps this is why there is so little original material going into print.  i find myself ignoring new writers, and seeking old out-of-print tomes.  i have a plethora of fine books waiting on my shelves for a reading.  maybe with cold weather coming on, i will reward myself with time to sit back with a good book.
           judith, did you get a chance to read faucett?
           ive been busy on ham radio, getting my station together.  i just constructed and erected an all-band antenna.  that makes three on my house, neighbors may be irked.  ive made contact with a few dozen faraway lands already.
           we just planted a southern magnolia tree, perhaps the most beautiful tree ive ever seen.  also an english walnut, and a blue hydrangea.
           i hope all are having a nice holiday season.   weather has been kind recently, its near 11pm and it reads 59 out.

        Regards
        mike white
        www.all-ez.com

        I suppose that one could make an argument that reworking 19th century material is keeping the authors ideas alive, but to describe such re-work as scholarly is giving it too much credit.
        HA! I once worked for a well know author in the metaphysical world, and he had me xerox his old books and articles from Fate magazine and then cut out the good stuff and put that into new categories and he wrote a few connecting pieces and released them as all new books.

        As he was doing this with his own old material, there was no copyright issue, but what a cheat on the buyers.

        ~ Inti RA

        Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • jdaintira@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
          In a message dated 12/2/2007 8:50:38 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:

          Not yet.  I keep waiting for that break to come to just sit and read, but unfortunately life has had other plans for me recently.   ~JM

        • jdaintira@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2007
            Dear Mike, Steve, group,

            While I do not see how this all pertains to Pre-Columbian, with the exception of Steve referring to people as wrong headed in his first sentence, hardly a major insult, I found nothing insulting in the rest of what he presented.

            I did not necessarily agree with many of his conclusions, but for those of us of faith, when we decide to also blend into the world of science and research, we must be open to the fact, and this is a fact, that there are numerous views and schools of thought as to what happened approximately 2000 years ago in the Holy Land and how that pertains to our world today.

            I have found over the years that I often learn more by studying the work of those with whom I disagree than only with what reinforces my own beliefs.

            I appreciate what Steve has shared and do not feel at all insulted by it.  I do not accept his conclusions but I do respect his dedication to his work.

            ~Judith Marie