Re: angkor wat

  • hilgren
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 2, 2007
      Mike,,,,Uriels Machine,,,,In that quest for the truth we need to have
      open eyes and open minds to all ideas and views whether mainstream or
      silly...
      And even then when we are secure in our belief or understanding
      another eye opener gets thrown into the equation...
      i have did a quick search of precolumbian and see no mention of Uriels
      Machine....
      I read it a year ago and since then have begun to see things in a new
      or brighter light...
      The time before the great flood and the time after and how the
      knowledge of the time before the great flood (developement of
      astrology and building of these many unexplained stoneworks etc) and
      the rediscovery then that began after the flood (or what ever the
      event that caused the flood) and how a very few will exploit this
      knowledge to gain power and riches...

      when looking at these many ancient mysteries with this new insight
      over this last year i have come to see that as i look at each mystery
      with this new light i become more aware to the TRUTH,s of uriels machine.

      In looking at vikings,,,mandans,,,templars,,,the newwark mound
      builders or mayans or atlantis, etc etc,,,the story is the same...
      whether there was one noah or many others also like him,,,,
      the ancient explorers of that earlier time had reached around the
      world....

      As halloween passes and the moon again begins to move away from the
      earth and the full-moon in scorpio arrives with the time change AND
      THE EARTH BEGINS TO SHAKE,,,,5.6 yesterday...BE CALM and hopefull as
      this is the age of aquarius rising...

      this from rob bresney:

      LIBERATE YOUR IMAGINATION

      Let me remind you who you really are: You are one of the chosen ones.
      You're a luminous being. A primordial miracle. A resplendent avatar.
      You are a deity in disguise--not a Buddha or a Christ, but of the same
      lineage and made from the same mojo.

      I want to be sure you get what I'm saying. You're an immortal messiah.
      You have been around since the beginning of time and will be here
      after the end. Every day and in every way, you're getting better at
      playing the mysterious master game we all dreamed up together before
      the Big Bang bloomed.

      Let me put it another way. You're a rebel creator longing to make the
      whole universe your home and sanctuary. You are a dissident
      bodhisattva joyfully struggling to germinate the seeds of divine love
      that are packed inside every moment.

      It's time to remember. You are a shimmering burst of spiral
      hallelujahs that has temporarily taken on the form of a human being,
      agreeing to endure amnesia about your true origins. And why did you do
      that? Because it was the best way to forge the exquisitely unique and
      robust identity that would make you such an elemental force in our
      14-billion-year campaign to bring heaven all the way down to earth.

      You and I are freedom fighters scrambling and finagling and conspiring
      to relieve all of our fellow messiahs from their suffering and shower
      them with more blessings than they know what to do with.

      http://www.freewillastrology.com/

      just sill-ness ???
      i don,t think so !!!
      thanks
      shermen,,,,,

      just warming up the wayback machine

      ..
      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white"
      <infoplz@...> wrote:

      > i admit that i respect mystical sources more than most, having
      personal proof as to its validity, but ive also read the mainstream
      sources, and weighed its credibility, and found it wanting. now it
      seems childish and silly to believe what the textbooks report. i know
      that my views run off some members, who frown at the mention of
      atlantis or psychics, but we might be better off without them. more
      reading, thinking, and meditation, and they might return. we dont
      have to agree on everything, to help each other seek the truth.

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 18, 2014

           angkor is one of the most fascinating places in the world.  i studied it before my trip there in 2004, but answering questions about the culture made me look deeper.
           siem reap is the modern city near the ruins of angkor wat.  the ruins are north of tonle sap lake.  this lake appears to be spring fed.  a stream from it joins the mekong river at phnom penh, the present capitol.  from google earth there looks to have had many manmade canals.
           some of the old buildings were small, like a specific repository.  the ornate doors have icons on the lintels, that may be a sign for the contents.  im unsure if some have ever been entered in our time.
           there are many huge water reservoirs, many still have water in them.  one measures about 5 miles long, by 1.3 miles wide.  the whole landscape was contoured.  it has a temple at its center.
           old siam is said to have sayam as its source, meaning brown race.
           one terrace had a platform that may have had a row of huge stone carved elephants, one remains.  another terrace had carved bas relief elephants.
           many structures retain red paint.  it must have been awesome to see when new, and painted.
           in time sunlight can add a patina on cut stone, like desert varnish.  it can be a few thousand years old.  i suspect that in tens of thousands of years, the stone begins to decay into something else.  at angkor we see the thick black patina on inner roofed walls with murals, like the air had eaten away at it.
           i plan to return to angkor wat and environs.  this time i will hire a tuktuk driver for all day.  it will allow me to rest between sites, so that i can see more.  have them take me shopping or to the pubs later.  i hope to devote at least 4-7 days there.
           not sure, but its like, each ruler built a mausoleum, maybe with a moat, and tomb, with his face depicted above.  where there are several different faces, it might be tombs of a dynasty.  some showing a woman between two male faces, perhaps the mother of two rulers.
           they certainly did not need that many temples in one area.  i dont see the hindu trinity or buddha portrayed.  the bas reliefs depict the brown rulers dominating black slaves.  i dont think this was true in khmer times.  instead of religious icons, they show battle scenes, victories of rulers.
           the common beliefs about angkor wat could be entirely wrong.  each ruler highlights the victories and greatness of his reign.  i dont think that it was a temple complex dedicated to the gods.
           the culture must have taken over a thousand years to arrive at the maturity of artwork shown.  it was that old before these buildings were erected.  as if it arrived on the scene fully developed, from somewhere else, with an army of very skilled artisans.  i havent found similar styles and architecture in india or malaysia.  some things were shared, as if from the same mother-culture, but each was unique.  the tall portals of bali are missing at angkor.  the huge faces on towers are not seen at the other sites.
           for transport, those at angkor used boats, horses, chariots, and elephants.  chariots require roads, and have limited use in a jungle.  the climate may have been different then.  based on the many huge water reservoirs, it was probably more arid.
           where are the relics and pottery for that huge population?  it appears to remain mostly unexplored and excavated in modern times.  i saw no museum.  yet, our lads are smug and content with their theories.  pictures were used by these ancients, they could have used hieroglyphs.   some of the bas reliefs and faces had the patina washed away, leaving smooth white stone.  one expert said sandstone was used, but i havent seen sandstone that white.
           the carved blocks were joined by iron clamps, mindful of puma punku in bolivia.  they did not have the arch, roofs were corbelled, in the earliest fashion, like at copan.
            it sure looks like hieroglyphs to the left of the face, stacked vertically.

        mike
        Angkor Thom South Gate