Discoveries at Bimini: Columns, Marble Building Ruins, etc.

  • Paul Bader
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2007

      http://mysterious-america.net/bimini2007.html

      There are some intriguing finds here which may be Atlantean, but most of the various, recent discoveries near Bimini and Andros are more suggestive of a Phoenician and Roman presence here using the Bahamas as a weigh station in a trade route with Meso America.

      My Best,

      Paul

    • michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
        hi paul, all

        good to hear from you again paul. not long ago we discussed the
        finds near bimini. it was brought up how the origin of the
        phoenicians is not known. most scholars just say they turned up in
        coastal palestine circa 3000 bce. ive stated that the frisian
        chronicle told of tyre being founded by frisian-magyar sea kings and
        navigators shortly after the sinking of atlantis. other sources
        speak of atlanteans migrating to the mideast near the same time, the
        sons of belial. they likely brought the worship of baal.
        ancient seaports were populated by factions of many nations, due
        to the frequent exchange of rowers. it is possible that the mariner
        class of atlanteans joined others on the coast of the levant. this
        explains the 'phoenicians' knowledge of the americas, and their trade
        contacts in routes west. in other words a portion of the phoenicians
        were likely atlanteans. this tends to explain the similarity of port
        facilities.
        further, the above is more plausible than traders from the mideast
        laboring to build a seawall and wharf in the bahamas, strictly to
        exchange cargoes. much work and expense is required to build docks
        and a seaport. traders would not do that. they would anchor at a
        roadstead, and lighters and small craft would raft goods back and
        forth.
        at least this is my take on it.
        paul, another gentleman named dick archer is very interested in
        the work in the bahamas by dr little and associates. i hope you dont
        mind, i passed your email to him, since you share similar interests.

        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Bader"

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007

             i should add more to this.  several years ago i did a study of the ancient harbor facilities of the phoenicians.  there was lots of material online.  it became apparent that the seawall and facilities were unique in the old world, and far advanced of any other culture in the eastern mediterranean.  at the time, i wondered why egypt did not utilize their technology to keep its canals open from sand.  the phoenician system was ingenius, using natural currents to back-flush the accumulation of sand away.  i forget the particulars, but it seemed the hydraulic technology did not develope in the mideast, but seemed to arrive all at once.  my point being, what was found in the bahamas was not the child of the phoenicians of the mideast, but more likely the parent culture, that developed the system.

          Kind regards,
          Mike White
          http://all-ez.com/yahoo-groups.htm

          <poseidian@. ..> wrote:

          > http://mysterious- america.net/ bimini2007. html
          > <http://mysterious- america.net/ bimini2007. html>
          >

          > There are some intriguing finds here which may be Atlantean, but
          most of
          > the various, recent discoveries near Bimini and Andros are more
          > suggestive of a Phoenician and Roman presence here using the
          Bahamas as
          > a weigh station in a trade route with Meso America.
          >

          > My Best,
          >
          > Paul

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Paul Bader
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2007
            Hi Mike, hi everybody,

            I agree with you to a certain degree. Many civilizations can claim
            Atlantis as a parent culture since its refugees fled to Europe, Africa
            and every part of the Americas. However, would Atlantean building
            practices and styles remain intact for 7,000 years between the sinking
            of those lands and the rise of Phoenicia prima? I kind of doubt it,
            because we see an evolution of styles in the other Atlantean legacy
            cultures.

            As for the harbor works in the Bahamas, so far the date for the Andros
            Platform is 4000 B.C. long after Atlantis sank. Anchors on the Bimini
            Road are Roman style and date approximately 2000 years old. I think we
            are going to find a Phoenician port city or town on Andros and possibly
            Bimini. The Bimini Road once enclosed a lagoon which is filled with
            sand and may cover ruins of a port. The remains of an ancient temple
            have been found on Andros. There was likely a colony in the Bahamas
            where trans-Atlantic voyagers could repair and refit. The current from
            Iberia leads right to the Bahamas. Later the Spanish used this same
            current and built ports in the West Indies so why wouldn't their ancient
            predecessors for the same practical reasons?

            What I find most exciting about the Littles' latest explorations are the
            rectangular blocks which seem to be lodged in a regular pattern on the
            seafloor -possibly down to the Pleistocene strata. That is not a dump
            and was only above the surface 12,000 years ago and so I think we may
            have found genuine Atlantean ruins at last!

            I do know of RJ Archer and he is in regular communication with Greg
            Little and Bill Donato. This report is already on his blog.

            My Best,

            Paul