Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] LINK best photo of the Amaru Mura Gateway PERU (CORRECTION)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2007

         lots of laws passed in spain were ignored in the colonies.  it seems to me like the council of the indies acted as censor, debriefing ships coming and going from the new world.
         this bench may have been an pagan altar, and symbols or writing may have been a part of it.  enough cause for some zealots to over-react.
         ruling powers in the colonies liked to portray natives as ignorant heathens, with almost no culture.  plenty of motive to destroy monuments, and hide or destroy any writing found.   then its permitted to kill, rob, and enslave a populace.
         no offence to the good church.

      Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:16 AM
      Subject: RE: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] LINK best photo of the Amaru Mura Gateway PERU (CORRECTION)

      Hi, Mike, all.

      Instead of <<Ferdinand's "Leyes de Burgos" (1512)>>, it should say << Philip II's Leyes de Indias (1542)>> (Laws of the Indies).

      (In fact, getting rid of the symbols, while incompatible with the 1542 Leyes de Indias, would not seem overtly inconsistent with the Ferdinand's 1512, Leyes de Burgos, as his government, as well his management of the Conquest, was heavily controlled by Marrano counselors and Marrano bankers. And many of the priests of the Conquest were not only Marranos but extra-official representatives of Marrano capital, which created the business of the encomiendas, with Indian slave labor. To get an idea of Marrano power in the royal court, remember Ferdinand's representative before Isabel for the arrangements of their royal wedding, for example, was Alfonso de la Caballería, a notorious Marrano, son of micer Pedro, then known plotter in the assassination of the Inquisitor of Aragon... In the same vein, Isabel's representative before Ferdinand was Rabbi Abraham Senior...)

      Rafael

      Dr. Rafael Andrés Escribano
      Hasting BA-8, Garden Hills Norte
      Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00966
      logofilo@logofilo. com
      www.logofilo. com
      787 221 5615

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2007
        a great many padres were needed for the colonies, many were killed
        by natives. the jesuits were educated priests, but some of the other
        orders were not particular in screenig clerics. besides the viceroy
        and governors had an agenda, and the good fathers had to accomodate
        their wished to get baggage, mules, soldiers, etc, for these long
        searches for idols and huacas to destroy. look at padre da landa of
        yucatan, and his bonfire of codices. protestant clerics did no
        better protecting the natives and their heritage in the north.
        rafael, weigh in on if its pillow lava? i brought up some
        compelling ideas to address. do you see any signs or symbols?

        mike

        --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, Rafael Andrés
        Escribano <logofilo@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Mike, all.
        >
        > Instead of <<Ferdinand's "Leyes de Burgos" (1512)>>, it should say
        << Philip II's Leyes de Indias (1542)>> (Laws of the Indies).

        > (In fact, getting rid of the symbols, while incompatible with the
        1542 Leyes de Indias, would not seem overtly inconsistent with the
        Ferdinand's 1512, Leyes de Burgos, as his government, as well his
        management of the Conquest, was heavily controlled by Marrano
        counselors and Marrano bankers. And many of the priests of the
        Conquest were not only Marranos but extra-official representatives of
        Marrano capital, which created the business of the encomiendas, with
        Indian slave labor. To get an idea of Marrano power in the royal
        court, remember Ferdinand's representative before Isabel for the
        arrangements of their royal wedding, for example, was Alfonso de la
        Caballería, a notorious Marrano, son of micer Pedro, then known
        plotter in the assassination of the Inquisitor of Aragon... In the
        same vein, Isabel's representative before Ferdinand was Rabbi Abraham
        Senior...)

        > Rafael
        >
        > Dr. Rafael Andrés Escribano
        > Hasting BA-8, Garden Hills Norte
        > Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00966
        > logofilo@...
        > www.logofilo.com
        > 787 221 5615

        Amaru Mura Gateway PERU

        > Hi, Mike, all.
        >
        > Just a minor observation... You say: "i believe i can see faint
        hints of having many symbols, or indeed possible writing. great
        effort was expended in removing the writing, perhaps as much by the
        inca, as by the padres. "

        > But why would a Catholic priest be interested in getting rid of
        certain symbols, especially when such an action would go against the
        spirit (if not directly against the letter) of Ferdinand's "Leyes de
        Burgos" (1512) and, not to mention, against the spirit and the letter
        of Catholicism?

        > Rafael
        >
        > Dr. Rafael Andrés Escribano
        > Hasting BA-8, Garden Hills Norte