6614Re: Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

  • james m. clark jr.
    May 11, 2005
      Interesting Judith

      Recently someone asked a question at archaelogytheorymethod relating
      to migration theories that a Archaeological student or graduate [?]
      from the University of Edinburgh had to question himself. It is hard
      to imagine that an educated man from Edinburgh has never heard of
      British Israelite theories although I didn't recommend it either, I
      did give an example.

      With that in mind and perhaps related to this I was somewhat
      surprised that I could fine the Suevi in an encyclopedia of world
      history without the history of Tacitus not even realted, and two or
      three centuries later but they were not alone.

      Atli sounds Mongol but I think he is in Valhalla now.

      I must admit I haven't heard of Chinese boat anchors in the West,
      and Yueh Chi is a culture I wasn't aware of but now I am.

      As far as in North American ethmology I am curious about the Dan
      River in Virgina as well as the one in central America. The one in
      Centural America appears to be of non-spanish origin and the one in
      Virgina doesn't appear to be english in an ethmology dictionary of
      place names, but I'll need to double check that one to make sure
      considering the Mandan of a more southeastern origin perhaps.

      be well,
      jamey

      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, jdaintira@a...
      wrote:

      > In a message dated 5/1/2005 12:38:32 P.M. US Mountain Standard
      Time,
      > infoplz@c... writes:
      >
      > 'timuchen' [sic] that reminded me of the mongols. that would
      take some
      > doing, but not impossible, to get a ship from china to the west
      coast ca 1200 ce,
      > and have the people travel overland to the carolinas.
      >

      > Timujin was the birth name of Genghis Khan, so timuchen certain
      does sound
      > Mongol.
      >
      > I assume that we all know that there are Chinese boat anchors of
      that
      > approximate era found along the Pacific coast of North America.
      >
      > I see no reason why they could not have traveled to the
      Carolinas. The
      > Spanish, who did not have the extensive land empire of the
      Chinese, managed to do
      > the reverse a few hundred years later.
      >
      > ~ Judith Marie
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic