6611Re: Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

  • james m. clark jr.
    May 10, 2005
      Thanks

      Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but there is a reason I don't
      respond via email but rather directly to all groups from each site.
      I have 21 trojans that have been a bit difficult than others to get
      rid of lately, so this isn't going directly to everyones email from
      my pc.

      At any rate, it is "Timucua" not 'timuchen'

      In relation to a old world 'horned serpent' I did come across a
      drawing of what appeared as a horned serpent ship researching
      Milesians if I am not mistaken. I come across it at google
      researching [Fitz]warren and images there but I think I had spelled
      it Mileasians which may have not been related at all, I don't know.

      I'm not to fond of many pre-Columbian theories but in a way I guess
      it is about the only ethos Americans have. Heck I don't even consider
      myself an enthusists but apparently there is some truth to European
      tales that seems more eastern in origin and the fact that there is
      plenty of evidance of Europeans in the New World. To the amount of
      speculation accepted or rejected for that matter is beyond the
      historical method which is constantly rewritten.

      be well,
      jamey

      --- In Precolumbian_Inscriptions@yahoogroups.com, "mike white"
      <infoplz@c...> wrote:

      > thanks david. i think you are right, that seems likely where i
      saw the name in northeast siberia, while following leads from
      velikovsky and hibben. jamey also cited a name like 'timuchen' [sic]
      that reminded me of the mongols. that would take some doing, but not
      impossible, to get a ship from china to the west coast ca 1200 ce,
      and have the people travel overland to the carolinas. maybe some of
      the ships sent against japan, got carried by the divine wind far to
      the east?

      Chi
      > were not Chinese but Eurasian steppe nomads. Perhaps the
      caucasoids
      > recently found in China?
      >

      > Hosted by http://all-ez.com/epigraphy.htm
      > Group Site : http://www.epigraphyusa.com
      > To unsubscribe from this group, although we hope
      > you stay and help us improve. First consider changing to daily
      digest, or no mail - web only, visit main and edit membership :
      > if you must leave send an email to:

      Service.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic