6539Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

  • jdaintira@aol.com
    May 1, 2005
      In a message dated 5/1/2005 12:38:32 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, infoplz@... writes:
      'timuchen' [sic] that reminded me of the mongols.  that would take some doing, but not impossible, to get a ship from china to the west coast ca 1200 ce, and have the people travel overland to the carolinas.
      Timujin was the birth name of Genghis Khan, so timuchen certain does sound Mongol.

      I assume that we all know that there are Chinese boat anchors of that approximate era found along the Pacific coast of North America.

      I see no reason why they could not have traveled to the Carolinas.  The Spanish, who did not have the extensive land empire of the Chinese, managed to do the reverse a few hundred years later.

      ~ Judith Marie
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic