6537Re: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

    May 1, 2005

         thanks david.  i think you are right, that seems likely where i saw the name in northeast siberia, while following leads from velikovsky and hibben.  jamey also cited a name like 'timuchen' [sic] that reminded me of the mongols.  that would take some doing, but not impossible, to get a ship from china to the west coast ca 1200 ce, and have the people travel overland to the carolinas.  maybe some of the ships sent against japan, got carried by the divine wind far to the east?

      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:40 AM
      Subject: [Precolumbian_Inscriptions] Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

      Mike, I remember we discussed the Yuchi some time back as being
      related to some Old World group. The one that comes to mind are the
      nomadic horsemen who harrassed the Chinese, called the Yueh Chi. I
      can't remember the era in which they lived but I've seen illustrations
      of them  from an old Chinese tapestry which recounts the abduction and
      ransom of  a Chinese princess by the Yueh Chi. It was at the time of
      the Great Wall as I recall. Also I think I remember that the Yueh Chi
      were not Chinese but Eurasian steppe nomads. Perhaps the caucasoids
      recently found in China?