6536Yuchi = Yueh Chi?

  • dcampbell75479
    May 1 6:40 AM
      Mike, I remember we discussed the Yuchi some time back as being
      related to some Old World group. The one that comes to mind are the
      nomadic horsemen who harrassed the Chinese, called the Yueh Chi. I
      can't remember the era in which they lived but I've seen illustrations
      of them from an old Chinese tapestry which recounts the abduction and
      ransom of a Chinese princess by the Yueh Chi. It was at the time of
      the Great Wall as I recall. Also I think I remember that the Yueh Chi
      were not Chinese but Eurasian steppe nomads. Perhaps the caucasoids
      recently found in China?
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic